MXQ Pro is one of the cheapest Android-based streaming device available right now. Since it is Android-based, you can install most of the Android smartphone apps and games on the device. Most of the MXQ Pro devices come with Android 5.1 OS, and a few devices are with Android 6.0. In MXQ Pro, you can update the Android version easily.
Though the MXQ Pro is an Android-based device, there is not a direct method to update the OS. You need to use your PC to handle the software updates. Since the method is not straightforward, you may face some issues after the new update. Issues like WiFi not working, Bluetooth problem, and Navigation problem. If you are okay with this, proceed to the update process.
How to Update MXQ Pro to Android Marshmallow?
MXQ Pro can’t be updated to Android 7.0. Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) is the newest version that you can install on your MXQ Pro. If your device is already in Marshmallow, it can’t be updated further. If you are using Andriod 5.0 or 5.1 (Lollipop) version, you can update the device to Android 6.0.
- A PC with an internet connection (Windows recommended),
- USB Burning Tool application, and
- USB to USB cable.
Note: Download the latest USB Burning Tool here and install it on your PC.
Update MXQ Pro
(1) Download the latest software version of MXQ Pro on your PC, https://bit.ly/2EbL3ci.
(2) Turn off your MXQ Pro device.
(3) Connect the MXQ Pro and your PC with the USB to USB cable, Then, tap and hold the Reset button.
Note: Don’t release the Reset button until the update is finished.
(4) Then, open the USB Burning Tool on your PC.
(5) When the MXQ Pro is detected, you will get the following screen.
(6) Go to File and choose Import Image.
(7) Select the .img file from the firmware you downloaded before.
(8) After the file is imported, untick the Overwrite key.
(9) Then, click on the Start button.
(10) When you get the 100% Burning successfully, click the Stop button.
(11) Then, release the Reset button and disconnect the MXQ Pro device from your PC.
Now, you can use the Android 6.0 on your MXQ Pro device.
Update the Android OS on your MXQ Pro streaming device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The latest version of Android is Android 11, but in MXQ Pro you can update from Android 6.0 whereas Amazon Firestick offers Fire OS 7 which is equivalent to Android 9.0 (Pie). If you are going to buy a new MXQ Pro device, put this thought into consideration.