Netflix is one of the most-used streaming applications in the world. The app is available for all smartphones, streaming devices, smart TVs, and PCs. Like every other app, you need to update the app frequently to get new features. Sometimes, a new update will remove bugs and fix minor errors. As the app is available for all smart devices, you need to update the Netflix app individually on all devices.
Different Devices to Update Netflix
- Android Smartphones
- iOS Smartphones
- Windows PCs
- Amazon Firestick
- Smart TVs
How to Update Netflix on Android Smartphones?
(1) Open the Google Play Store app on your Android smartphone.
(2) Click the Hamburger icon in the top left of the screen.
(3) Choose the My apps & games option.
(4) Refresh the screen and see if the Netflix app is listed on the Updates section.
(5) If a new update is available, click the Update button. If the Netflix app is not listed on the Updates section, you are using the latest version of the app.
How to Update Netflix on iOS Devices?
(1) Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
(2) Tap the Profile icon on the top right of the screen.
(3) Under the Updates tab, see if the Netflix app is available or not. If not, you are using the latest version of the app.
(4) If the app is available, click the Update button next to the app.
For Mac PCs, you need to follow the same procedure.
How to Update Netflix on Windows PCs?
(1) Open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows PC.
(2) Click the Updates button on the top right corner, for Windows 8. Click the User Profile icon on the top right corner, for Windows 10.
(3) In Windows 8, the Netflix app will appear. If the app’s icon has a checkmark, it means that the app is updated. If not, click the Netflix app and click the Install button.
(4) In Windows 10, go to the Downloads or Updates option and click the Check for Updates option.
(5) Tap the down arrow that corresponds to the Netflix app. The new update will be installed.
How to Update Netflix on Amazon Firestick?
(1) On your Amazon Firestick, go to the Settings menu.
(2) Choose the Notifications option on the Settings menu.
(3) Search for the Netflix app. If the app is not available, then you are using the updated version.
(4) If the app is there, open the app and click the Update button on the right pane.
(5) The Netflix app will be updated to the new version.
How to Update Netflix on Roku Streaming Devices?
In Roku devices, you can’t update the apps individually. Updating your Roku device will install all the new updates available for the Netflix app. To update your Roku,
(1) On the home screen, go to the Settings option.
(2) On the Settings menu, choose the System option.
(3) Now, click the System Update option.
(4) Click the Check now button on the next screen.
(5) If a new update is available, it will be downloaded and installed. In this process, new updates for the app also installed.
How to Update Netflix on Smart TVs?
In Android smart TVs, you can use the Play Store to update the Netflix app just like you did it for Android smartphones. In Samsung Smart TV and LG Smart TVs, you need to use the specific app store to update the app.
(1) Open the Smart Hub (for Samsung Smart TVs) or the respective app store on your smart TV.
(2) Go to the Updates section and search for the Netflix app.
(3) Click the Update button next to Netflix app to install the new update.
Note: Netflix is one of the best apps for Samsung Smart TVs and other Smart TVs as well.
How to Update Netflix Subscription?
If you want to update or change your Netflix subscription, you need to go to the Netflix website. In the app, you can’t update any of your account information.
(1) Go to the Netflix website and sign in with your account.
(2) Select the Change Plan under the Plan Details tab.
(3) Choose the desired plan and click the Update button.
(4) Click the Confirm Change to confirm the update.
The subscription plan upgrade will be updated immediately and plan downgrade will be updated from the next billing cycle.
Related: Netflix on Nintendo Switch
These are the different ways to update the Netflix app on your smart devices. Update the subscription, if needed. Like the subscription, you can also update email, payment method, and update password. But for all the account information, you need to go to the Netflix website.