Having a Windows PC and maintaining it in a good condition is not an easy task. Unlike smartphones, you need to handle your PC with the utmost care. The thing in PC is that it has specific drivers for specific operations. There will be a separate driver for a keyboard and a separate drive for a mouse. In that case, you need to update the drivers individually to ensure that all the drivers are in the new version. In the same way, you need to update the WiFi driver in your Windows 10 PC frequently.
Generally, when your Windows 10 is updating, all the drivers and network adapters will automatically be updated. If you want, you can also update them manually. In Windows PC, you will have the freedom to download the updated drivers from the manufacturer and update them. By this, you will know which version is outdated and which is the latest version.
How to Update WiFi Driver in Windows 10?
Follow the steps below to update your WiFi driver in Windows 10 PC and Laptops:
1. At first, you need to know what version of the WiFi driver you are using. For this, open the Command Prompt and type the below command,
netsh wlan show drivers
2. You will get your WiFi driver information like driver name, vendor, provider, date, version, type, and more.
3. Now, copy the Driver name and search it on Google.
4. In our case, the driver is in the latest version. If not, download the latest version from the manufacturer website.
5. After the download is completed, right-click on This PC and choose Manage.
6. The Computer Management window will open. Click on the Device Manager option.
7. Click on the Network Adapters option.
8. Right-click on the WiFi Driver and choose Update.
9. On the pop-up, choose the Browse my computer for driver software option.
Note: If you choose Search Automatically, your PC will search for the latest WiFi driver.
10. Choose the latest version of the WiFi driver that you downloaded previously.
11. Your Windows 10 PC will install the latest version of the WiFi driver.
12. After it is updated, restart your PC.
You can use the same steps for Windows 8.1 and update your WiFi driver.
With the above method, you can update the WiFi driver on your Windows 10 PC to the latest version. To avoid manually updates, update your Windows 10 whenever it asks for a new update. Don’t hit the Update Later or Remind me Later button. In the same way, you can update other drivers like Display adapters and Bluetooth drivers.