Forgetting a password is not new. With so many logins, it is obvious that we forget the password. To reduce such difficulties, devices are designed to store the password. You will get an auto-fill option whenever you try to login to the same website or app. Like other devices, Mac also has the option to store your passwords. If you have stored your password on Mac while logging into any application, then you can easily view saved passwords.
How to View Saved Passwords on Mac?
Mac has the Keychain Access app that stores all the passwords and other information, including bank-related numbers. You can get all the stored password details in this app. All Mac devices have the Keychain Access App by default.
1. View Saved Passwords on Mac
Step 1: Launch the Finder on your Mac.
Step 2: Open the Applications folder. You can find it on the left side panel.
Step 3: Click on the Utility folder in the applications section.
Step 4: You will find the Keychain Access app under Utilities. Select the Keychain Access App.
Step 5: In the bottom left corner, you will find Passwords under Category. Click on that.
Step 6: On the top-right corner of the passwords screen, you will find the search icon. Search for the one you want to view the password.
Step 7: Double click on it to open.
Step 8: Check the Show password box. It will prompt you to provide your Mac password.
Step 9: Enter the password and click OK.
Step 10: Now the password you are looking will be visible.
With the above steps, you can find the saved passwords on Mac.
2. Find WiFi password on Mac
To find WiFi Password on Mac, follow the below steps:
- Finder >> Applications >> Utility Folder >> Keychain Access. [Alternatively, Command + Space >> Spotlight >> Seach and open Keychain access].
- On the search bar, type the WiFi network name.
- Double-click on it to open.
- Check the box near the Show Password.
- Enter the password of your Mac.
Your password will be visible now. Make a note of it.
3. View Saved Passwords on Safari
- Launch the Safari and then click on the Safari on the Menu bar.
- Choose the Preferences under Safari.
- The Preferences window will open. Choose the Passwords tab.
- Enter your Mac password or use the touch ID to authenticate.
- Now click on any website. It will show your protected password.
- Double-click on it to edit the same.
By this way, you can view saved Passwords on Safari.
Related: How to Delete Favorites on Mac?
These are the three methods available to view saved passwords on your Mac. You can use this method on Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini, and other Mac devices that run on macOS. Comment your queries in the below section.