Hulu is available on Apple TV and you can install it directly on your device from the App Store. With Hulu on your Apple TV, you can stream plenty of live TV channels along with various TV shows, documentaries, Hulu originals, and movies as well. Hulu has one of the biggest on-demand libraries. Hulu offers four different plans and you can choose the one that suits your budget. It offers ad-free premium plans for your Apple TV as well.
It has the following subscription plans.
- Basic subscription – $7.99/month or $79.99/year
- Premium subscription – $14.99/month (Ad-free) (From October 12, 2023, the price of the premium plan will increase to $17.99/month.)
- Hulu Basic + Live TV subscription – $69.99/month (From October 12, 2023, the price of the Hulu Basic + Live TV plan will increase to $76.99/month.)
- Hulu Premium + Live TV subscription – $82.99/month (Ad-free). (From October 12, 2023, the price of the Hulu Premium + Live TV plan will increase to $89.99/month.)
- Live TV only Plan – $68.99/month. (From October 12, 2023, the price of the Live TV-only plan will increase to $75.99/month.)
Hulu allows you to cancel the subscription at any time. If you are not using Hulu anymore, you can cancel it anytime before the renewal date.
How to Install Hulu on Apple TV?
The below devices support the Hulu app. You can either install the app directly or use the airplay option to stream the app.
- Apple TV 4K
- Fourth-Gen Apple TV and above
- Apple TV’s Second and Third-generation
For Apple TV 2nd and 3rd Gen, the Hulu app comes preinstalled. You can just open the application and login with your credentials to start streaming your favorites.
How to Install Hulu App on Apple TV 4K, 4th Gen and above?
The application is officially available on the Apple TV app store. You can install the app directly from your App Store.
1. Turn on your Apple TV and check whether the device is connected to WiFi connectivity.
2. You will find the App Store on the Apple TV home screen. Open it.
3. Hover over the search icon and select it.
Sometimes, you might get the app suggestions in the Trending section. You can download it from there as well.
4. Enter the search term “Hulu.” The search results will appear.
5. Choose the app from the suggestions to go to the installation page. The app installation page will open.
6. Select the Get button to download and install the app.
Once the installation is over, open the app on your Apple TV.
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV?
1. Launch the Hulu app by clicking the open button. You can find the application on the home screen as well.
2. Log in with an account with a valid subscription.
Remember to create an account and subscribe to any plans beforehand.
3. You will find various content on the Hulu home screen. Choose the one that you want to stream and start streaming it.
Alternative Method – Using Airplay
Most of the Apple TV models come with an inbuilt Hulu app. If you are not able to find the app, you can either install it or use the Airplay option.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Hulu application and play your favorite content.
3. While playing, the Airplay icon will appear. Tap on it.
4. Your iPhone will search for the available devices and display them.
5. Select your Apple TV to see the content on the TV.
The above are the different ways to stream Hulu on your Apple TV. Before installing, check whether the app is already pre-installed. Comment your queries in the below section.
How to Fix Hulu not working issue on Apple TV?
If Hulu is not working on Apple TV, then you can try the below troubleshooting techniques to fix these issues.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app on Apple TV.
- Update Hulu to the latest version.
- Update your Apple TV to the latest version.
- Restarting your Apple TV might fix minor issues.
- Check whether the internet is working or not.
- If nothing works, reset the Apple TV to factory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can download the app for free but need a valid subscription to stream the content. Hulu offers 4 different plans and you can choose the one that suits you.
If you own an Apple TV 4K, then you can stream all the content in 4K. Hulu offers content in 4K resolution; you need a 4K device to stream the content.
Hulu offers a Live TV plan, and if you have a subscription to this plan, then you can stream live TV channels on your device,