When it comes to the entertainment industry MTV is one of the most popular names. This channel features the latest shows, series, news, music, and many other entertaining programs. MTV has a massive content library far superior to many other streaming services in the market. The MTV app is officially available for free to download in the Roku Channel Store. But to gain access to the awesome content of the app you will need a Pay-TV service subscription. If you already have a Pay-TV subscription you can watch MTV on Firestick without any additional cost. MTV brings you exclusive content like The Hills, Teen Mom2, Awkward, and more. In this article, we will discuss how to install and activate MTV on Roku.
Install MTV on Roku
1. Make sure your Roku device has an active internet connection and is connected to your TV.
2. Next, go to the Roku Home screen by pressing the Home button on Roku remote control.
3. From the main menu, select Streaming channels.
4. Then, In the Streaming Channels menu select the Search channels option.
5. In the search bar using the on-screen keyboard, enter MTV and press OK.
6. Select the MTV channel from the search results and in the app info screen click on the Add channel button.
7. After the installation is completed, click the Go button to launch the MTV channel on your Roku device.
Activate MTV on Roku
1. Launch the MYTV app on your device.
2. Now your Roku TV screen will display an Activation Code.
3. Visit the MTV Activation Website from a web browser on your Smartphone on a PC.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Continue Button.
5. Finally Sign in with your Pay TV subscription credentials.
6. Once the Activation process is complete, your Roku screen will refresh and you will get access to the MTV content library.
Related: How to Stream Pluto TV on Roku
Alternative Method to Add MTV on Roku
1. Visit the Roku Channel Store using a web browser on your Computer/ SmartPhone
2. Log into the same Roku Account you are using on your device.
3. Using the Search bar search for MTV in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Further, select the MTV channel from the search results.
5. Finally, click on the Add Channel button in the app info screen to add the channel to your Roku device.
In this article, we have discussed a couple of different ways in which you can get MTV on your Roku device. You can install the app using either of the above-mentioned methods and it will work just fine. After that follow the activation process and sign in with your Pay TV subscription. Watch all your favorite shows, and live TV with MTV on Roku.