Netflix takes all the credits for creating a revolution in the streaming service industry. It is the best and most loved app by people of all ages. You can enjoy a plethora of content starting from movies, TV shows, documentaries, and lots of original content too. By paying a certain amount for the subscription, you can enjoy all these without advertisements. Moreover, it is available for different platforms like Android to iOS to smart TVs, etc. You can download and watch Netflix on streaming devices like Amazon Firestick and Roku. The article gives you a detailed procedure on how to install Netflix on Firestick.
How to Install Netflix on Firestick?
The Netflix application is officially available on the Amazon App Store. So, you can download and install the application on your device on-the-go. You wouldn’t need to rely on any third-party app support. Follow the steps given below to download the Netflix app on the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Step 1: Connect your Fire TV Stick to your TV’s HDMI port. Then power on the device.
Step 2: Press the home key on the Fire TV remote. It will take you to the Fire Stick home screen.
Step 3: On the top, you can find the Search icon. Hover to it and click on it to access.
Step 4: Type Netflix by navigating the on-screen keyboard with the Fire TV Stick remote.
Step 5: From the suggestion list, choose the Netflix app. It will direct you to the app information page.
Step 6: Click on the Download button. Netflix gets downloaded and installed on the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
And now you have successfully installed the Netflix application on your Amazon Fire TV stick. Follow further to access it.
How to Watch Netflix on Firestick?
After you install Netflix on Firestick, you shall proceed with the guidelines on using it.
Step 1: Click Sign in and log in with your Email ID and Password associated with your Netflix account. Follow the guidelines as shown on the screen to complete the setup process.
Step 2: If you don’t have an existing account, create your own Netflix account on your smartphone or PC.
- Go to the official website of Netflix. Or open the Netflix mobile application.
- Enter your Email id and choose Try 30 Days Free Trial.
- Click See the plan option and choose any of the subscription plans. Don’t go for premium if you don’t have Firestick 4K.
- Basic – $8.99/month for one device
- Standard – $12.99 for two devices
- Premium – $15.99 for 5 devices
- Choose the mode of payment to complete the payment process.
Troubleshoot Netflix on Fire TV Stick
Sometimes the Netflix app might not respond or work properly. In those cases, use the following troubleshooting methods.
- Internet Connection – Make sure that your Internet connection is not interrupted.
- Power Connection – Check whether there is a problem with the power source. It may cause the device to go on and off.
- Update Software – Check whether you have an updated version of the application. Or if there are any pending updates for your OS. If so, update.
- Clear up some Space – If the device starts to hang, it may be due to storage issues. So clear the space.
- Restart – It will sometimes solve small issues on your device. Settings >> My Fire TV or My Device >> Restart.
- Reset – If Restart doesn’t work, then go for a Factory Reset. Settings >> My Fire TV or My Device >> Reset to Factory Defaults.
Netflix in Ultra HD or HDR
To view Netflix in Ultra HD or HDR, you have to make sure that your Firestick, TV, and the plan selected supports the same.
|Ultra HD supporting Devices||HDR supporting Devices|
|1. Fire TV 2nd and 3rd Generation. |
2. Fire TV Cube 1st and 2nd Generation.
3. Fire TV Stick 4K.
4. Anker Nebular Soundbar Fire TV Edition.
5. TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar Fire TV Edition.
|1. Fire TV 3rd Generation.|
2. Fire TV Cube 1st and 2nd Generation.
3. Fire TV Stick 3rd Generation.
4. Fire TV Stick 4K.
5. Fire TV Stick Lite
6. Anker Nebular Soundbar Fire TV Edition.
7. TCL Alto 8+ Soundbar Fire TV Edition.
You can also download the Netflix apk via Downloader or ES File Explorer on Fire TV. Anyway, you can get it easily from the App Store. Write your suggestion and feedback on the article in the comment section below.