The NYTimes or New York Times is an American newspaper company that covers most of the news from New York. In addition, you can find some popular world news in this newspaper. You can also access this NYTimes news service via the official website and app. Generally, all the websites and apps’ interfaces will be in light mode. In this case, NYTimes is also not an exception. If you are spending more time reading NYTimes articles, you may face slight irritation in your eye and a minor headache. This is caused due to excessive blue light exposure. To get rid of this problem, you need to enable dark mode on NYTimes.
Dark mode helps to reduce the strain on the reader’s eyes while reading NYTimes articles. Currently, the NYTimes website and app do not have dark theme support. You can use NYTimes in dark mode with the help of a browser extension. We have used the Google Chrome browser to explain the procedures. By enabling the dark mode on Chrome, you can read NYTimes articles in dark mode.
How to Activate Dark Mode on NYTimes Website [Extension]
(1) Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
(2) Navigate to the Chrome Web Store website.
(3) Click on the search bar and search for a dark mode extension.
(4) Select any dark mode extension from the search results and click the Add to Chrome button.
(5) Then, tap the option Add extension.
(6) Click on the Dark Mode Extension icon at the toolbar to enable the dark mode.
(7) Once enabled, navigate to the NYTimes website and surf the website in the dark mode.
How to Enable Force Dark Mode on Chrome Browser
If you don’t want to enable dark mode on the Chrome browser without downloading any extension, then follow the below steps to enable dark mode.
(1) Launch a browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
(2) Navigate to the search bar and type chrome://flags.
(3) Enter Dark mode on the search field and hit Enter.
(4) Click on the dropdown menu near the option Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents and select Enabled.
(5) Then, click the option Relaunch at the bottom of the page.
(6) Now, navigate to the NYTimes website and use the website in dark mode.
Similar to the Chrome browser, you can also enable dark mode on different browsers like Safari, Firefox, Brave, etc., to use the NYTimes website in dark mode. Some browsers have in-built options to enable dark mode. At the same time, some don’t have the built-in dark theme option. In this case, you need to activate dark mode using a browser extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. New York Times doesn’t have dark mode support.
Yes. You can read the downloaded news of the New York Times offline.
You can enable dark mode on New York Times using a dark mode extension.