Nvidia Shield is a Digital Media Player by Nvidia. This is totally an Android-based one. You can install various apps on your device and start streaming the contents. Meanwhile, Plex is a Digital Media Player application. This will help you to stream various content on your server device to the various client devices. For instance, if you have Plex installed on your Living room TV you can enjoy the contents saved there on your mobile while traveling to somewhere else. Let us discuss Plex on Nvidia Shield Android TV.
Plex on Nvidia Shield
This application is preinstalled on your Shield for free already. You can find the app from the Apps section. If not or somehow you uninstalled the app then you can download the app from the Nvidia Shield store which is merely the Play Store as it is Android-based.
Step 1: Turn on the Nvidia Shield after connecting it to the TV. Power on and connect it to the WiFi.
Step 2: From the home screen hover to the App section. There you can use the Google Assitant to search for the app.
Step 3: Try saying download Plex Media Player. Choose the app with the following icon and click it. It will take you to Play Store. Choose Install.
Step 4: If you don’t have voice-enabled then navigate to the Apps section. Move left to find the Play Store.
Step 5: There on the search box type Plex. Choose the app.
Step 6: On the app info page click install.
Your app will be downloaded and installed on your device. You can find the app in the Apps section. Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
How to use Plex?
Step 1: Copy the media contents which you want to the Shield’s internal storage. You can do it with the help of a USB storage device.
Step 2: On your shield go to Settings >> Device >> Storage and reset >> Access SHIELD folders on PC. Turn on the feature.
Step 3: You will be given a username and password. Note it down.
Step 4: Now drag the contents from PC to the Shield.
You can also go to the Plex website and add various additional contents. This will automatically add the contents to your Shield.
Level Up your Nvidia Shield with Plex
- With Plex on board, you can cut down your cable cord. Plex itself gives you various content like many streaming apps and service providers. And that too at $5/month.
- Nvidia Shield is the only device that could give extraordinary results with Plex. This could store a plethora of contents. In turn, you can access the same on various devices.
- You can watch the contents anywhere and anytime. Not only on mobile phones but also on devices like gaming consoles, TVs, tablets, etc. And vice versa.
Also know: How to Chromecast Plex Media Player to Your TV
There are still a few limitations in using Plex on the Nvidia Shield. That can be solved by simple troubleshooting.
- Update the device’s firmware.
- Check for the latest software updates.
- Update the Plex app.
- If there is storage try deleting the contents you wouldn’t need.
- Try restarting the device or sometimes resetting.
That’s all about Plex on Nvidia Shield. Plex in Nvidia Shield is really splendid. You can enjoy an enormous amount of contents. Do write us your feedback in the comment section below.