Apple Watches are becoming more powerful nowadays. With various updates, it offers some exciting features apart from usual features like making/attending calls, sending messages, fitness tracking, and more. One of the interesting features of the Apple Watch is that you can install and use the Uber app to travel from one place to another place. Yes, you can request a ride right from your wrist. Exciting right! Let’s see the procedure to request a ride on Apple Watch with the help of Uber.
Install Uber on Apple Watch to Request a Ride
Install Uber on Apple Watch
Installing Uber on Apple Watch can be done in two different ways. You can download the app directly on Apple Watch or from iPhone.
Step 1: Go to the home screen by pressing the digital crown on your Apple Watch.
Step 2: Open the App Store and tap on the Search bar.
Step 3: Use the scribble or dictation to find the Uber app.
Step 4: Select the Uber app and click the Get button.
Step 5: Double press the side button when prompted to install the Uber app.
Step 6: You have to register for Uber only on your paired iPhone. Make sure to download the app and log in to your Uber account on the paired mobile.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Hover to the My Watch tab and scroll down to the Available Apps section.
- Find the Uber app and hit the Install option located next to it.
- Remove the Apple Watch from your charger, and you can find the Uber app in the Apps section.
Request a Ride
As said earlier, the Uber app on watchOS has certain limitations.
- You can only request a ride from the current location alone. The destination must be communicated to the driver.
- It will use the last Uber model as the default car. For instance, if you have used an UberPool previously, you will be allotted UberPool.
- It doesn’t provide access to features like Split Fare, uberPOOL, Share my ETA, and Contact Driver.
Keep this in mind and continue to the following steps.
Step 1: Press the Power button on your Apple Watch. It will open the list of apps.
Step 2: Tap All Apps on the bottom. Choose the Uber app. Or use Siri to open the Uber app.
Step 3: Uber will find your current location.
Step 4: Tap the Request button once you saw the estimated time.
That’s it. Your ride is booked now. If you want to get more of your ride details, you can get it only on the iPhone.
How do you feel about using Uber on an Apple Watch? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.