Philips TV is yet another famous smart TV brand that runs on Android OS and Roku TV OS. So you can install any of your favorite apps from the Google Play Store and Roku Channel Store. Further, you can access streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and many more. Philips TV fulfills the dream of watching your favorite media content on the big screen. Furthermore, the TV also comes with a remote for easy navigation. Besides this, Philips constantly brings in new software updates, and you need to update the Philips TV software. By updating the software, your Philips TV performance increases, and you will get access to many new features.
How to Update Philips TV Software
We can perform Philips software updates in two ways.
- Via internet
- Using USB
Steps to Update Philips TV Software via the Internet
1. Start your Philips TV and connect it to the internet connection.
2. On your Philips TV remote, click the Home button.
3. Further, scroll down to select Settings.
4. Under settings, click on the Update Software menu.
5. Then, select Search for Update.
6. Next, select the Internet option to update online.
7. It will search for the update through the internet, and you will get a pop-up that notifies you of any new update available for the firmware. Click Update on the pop-up.
8. Further, accept the terms and conditions to download the latest version.
9. Now, the latest firmware will be downloaded and installed on your Philips TV.
Related: How to Stream Hulu on Philips Smart TV Using Screen Casting
How to Update Philips TV Software via USB
1. First, insert the USB drive into your desktop or laptop.
2. Open any browser and visit the Philips support page.
3. Further, select your TV model and navigate to the Software and Drivers section.
4. Next, compare the version number and download the zip file if there is an update.
5. Unzip the file and copy it to the root directory of the USB drive.
6. Now, connect the USB drive to your TV.
7. Next, follow the steps from 1 to 5 from the above procedure.
8. Select USB to proceed any further.
9. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and update the software.
10. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the update process to complete.
Related: How to Update Netflix on Any Device you Own
Philips TV has great pictures and sound quality. Philips TV software update is essential whenever you want to resolve the existing problems or want to use the latest features. You can update your TV software with the procedure given in this article to improve your TV’s performance. If you have got any suggestions, please drop them in the comments section.