Chromebook is nothing but a laptop or PC running on Chrome OS. Even though it has in-build media players to play some media formats, you’ll need to install an external media player like VLC to play all the media formats. VLC for Chromebook is the best choice, as it has full compatibility and functionality to play all kinds of video formats. It includes MP4, AVI, MPEG, MIDI, FLV, QuickTime, and so on. You don’t need to install various many video players as it supports all video formats. It takes only a few minutes to get VLC on your Chromebook. The article demonstrated the steps to install VLC from the Chrome Web Store and Play Store on your Chromebook.
The VLC media player is an open-source, cross-platform free application. It has a media library for video and audio files and is compatible with playing subtitles and multi-track audio. VLC allows you to browse folders directly. It has aspect-ratio adjustments and auto-rotation. It also holds a widget audio control.
How to Install VLC on Chromebook as an Extension
1. Search for the VLC Media Player in the Chrome Web Store (or) visit this link to view the VLC extension on your google chrome browser.
2. Tap on the Add to Chrome button on the right side.
3. Hit the Add app button to confirm the installation.
4. After the installation process is done, a browser file will open on the tab.
5. Now, open your video file on your system and play it without any error using VLC.
Related: How to Find MAC Address on Chromebook [Possible Ways]
How to Install VLC App on Chromebook from Play Store
1. Go to Google Play Store.
2. Search for the VLC Media Player in the Google Play Store.
3. Tap on the Install button.
Related: Best Android Apps for Chromebook Available on Play Store
4. Once the installation process is finished, you can launch it on your device and play videos without any error.
That’s it. Now Chromebook users can play and enjoy any media format.
VLC is one of the most reliable video players available nowadays, and the addition of Chromecast capabilities into this platform only makes it a better experience. Hope this article is helpful for you. We’ll keep this article up-to-date with any improvement that comes with future versions of the VLC media player. Do let us know in the below comment section if you have any questions or if you are facing any issues during the installation process.