PlayStation is a video gaming console released in 1994 by Sony Computer Entertainment. There are five versions of PlayStation available. Using PlayStation, you can play games offline, and it also can be used as a streaming device. Sometimes, we use the internet on PS to update the firmware and games and to watch online movies and shows. Since we use the internet on PS, we should use a VPN to protect our information. With a VPN, one can bypass the geo-restrictions instantly. To take advantage of all these features, you should know how to set up a VPN on PS4 and PS3.
How to Setup and Use VPN on PS4/PS3
We can’t install VPN on PlayStation, but we can use a VPN-protected internet connection on PlayStation consoles. We have three methods to use a VPN-protected internet connection. The methods are using Windows PC, WIFI Router, and Mac PC. Now let’s learn the same one by one.
#1. VPN on PS4/PS3 Via Windows PC
The most used way of using a VPN on PS4/PS3 is by using Windows PC. First, you have to install a VPN on your computer, then connect the one end of the Ethernet cable to your computer and the other end to the PS console.
1) Open Control Panel and go to the Network and Internet tab.
2) In that open Network and Sharing Center.
3) Now, click on the Change Adapter settings from the left side.
4) There, you will find the installed VPN. Go ahead to right-click on it, and select Properties.
5) Then, select the sharing tab and select the check box to Allow other network users to connect through the computer’s Internet connection.
6) Now, you will get a drop-down menu with all the possible internet connections. Select the option that represents the Ethernet adapter.
7) Connect to the VPN server your need by using the VPN client on your PC.
8) Boot up your PS. Go to the main menu screen and click on Settings —> Network settings.
9) Under that, select Setup Internet Connection and select Use a LAN cable when prompted.
10) Now, select Easy for the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.
11) Accept the settings and click on Test Connection to make sure it works correctly.
Related: How to Delete your PlayStation Account Permanently
#2. VPN on PlayStation Via Wi-Fi Router
First, check your router has VPN compatibility. And select a VPN service that supports router connections.
1) Go to the XMB menu on PS3 OR PS4.
2) And select Settings –> Network Settings –> Set Up Internet Connection.
3) When prompted, select Use WIFI.
4) Select the connection method as Easy.
5) Now, select your WIFI connection and enter your Credentials.
6) And make sure you should click on Do Not Use a Proxy Server.
7) Now, continue accepting all the settings and click on Test Connection.
Related: How to Install YouTube on PlayStation [PS4 & PS3]
#3. VPN on PS4/PS3 Via Mac
Note: Buy and install a VPN on your Mac and connect the one end of the Ethernet cable on Mac and another one to your PlayStation.
1) Go to the System Preferences option on your Mac.
2) Select Sharing and click on Internet Sharing on the left side.
3) Now, click on the Share your Connection drop-down menu and select WIFI.
4) From the “To computers using” list and enable Ethernet Checkbox.
5) And enable Internet Sharing Checkbox to share the Internet connection.
6) If the connection is successful, a green icon will appear.
7) Now, go back to PlayStation and access XMB menu and select Settings–> Network Settings–>Set Up Internet Connection.
8) And select Use a LAN cable, and when asked, select the connection method easily.
9) Next, click on Do Not Use a Proxy Server.
10) Finally, accept all the settings and select a Test connection. Now VPN on PS through Mac is completed.
With these three methods, you can have a VPN-protected internet connection on PlayStation consoles. Among these methods using Windows PC is recommended for full security. Is this article helpful to you? If you have any queries, ask us in the comment section and give us your feedback.