Are you wondering how to watch movies and TV shows on your Apple TV? Without any hesitation, download Vudu on Apple TV and buy or rent all your favorite media contents in 4K UHD resolution. The application is free to download on Apple TV streaming devices. It also has thousands of titles that are free to stream on all supported devices.
Signing up for Vudu
Before installing the Vudu app, you need to sign up for a user account on Vudu in-order to stream its contents. Because the Apple TV version of Vudu doesn’t provide a built-in option to sign up for a new account. Simply visit vudu.com by using a web browser on your mobile or PC. You don’t need to pay any money while creating an account.
Alert: The following download instructions are only applicable for users having Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K. Earlier versions lack the support of downloading new apps.
How to download and install Vudu on Apple TV?
1. Launch your Apple TV and connect it to a standard internet connection.
2. Select and open the App Store by clicking its icon.
3. By default, the App Store will open up with the Discover section. Navigate to the search menu and type Vudu.
4. Hit the search icon and choose the Vudu app by clicking its icon.
5. On its information page, select the Get icon.
6. Once you have downloaded the app, click the Open icon to launch the Vudu app.
Sign in to your Vudu account
1. Once you launched the app, it will display four different categories: My Vudu, Free, Search, and Settings.
2. Navigate to the Settings menu and then, select it.
3. Click the Sign in menu and select your login method on the next screen.
4. If you have signed up using Email, click the menu which labeled as Sign in with Email or choose Sign in with Walmart if you want to use Walmart login credentials for Vudu.
Alert – If you have already downloaded the Vudu app on your iPhone or iPad, launch it and go to Settings > Account and then sync the app.
Related: Sling TV on Apple TV
Watch movies on Vudu
Before watching movies, Vudu doesn’t need any monthly or yearly subscription to watch movies. Instead, you need to buy or rent the selected movie for streaming. If you buy a movie, you can watch it on your Apple TV device as long as you have a Vudu service. On the other hand, if you rent a movie, it will expire after 30 days. The only drawback with the Apple TV version is that you can’t rent or buy movies within the app. Instead, you need to visit the web version on your computer to rent or buy your movie. By signing in with the same account, the movie will appear on the Apple TV.
Did the information provided in this guide is really helpful? Share your feedback below.