Xbox and PlayStation are the best gaming consoles in recent times. The modern-day gaming consoles are more than just a gaming console. You can stream any movie or series you want in addition to play games. In the Xbox Store, there are plenty of live TV and streaming apps available. You can install any of the live TV apps on your Xbox console and watch contents that are trending around you.
Ways to Watch Live TV on Xbox
- Using Digital TV Tuner
- Using Apps
- DVDs and Blu-ray Discs
Watch Live TV on Xbox Using Digital TV Tuner
With the Digital TV Tuner, you can connect your cable TV antenna and your console. Microsoft’s produced Digital TV Tuner is only available in countries like France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Australia, and the UK. In the rest of the countries, you can buy any third-party Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One.
Benefits of Digital TV Tuner
- You can play games and watch live TV without switching the HDMI input.
- You can receive game invitations and download notification while watching live TV. If you want, you can switch to live TV while waiting for a multiplayer match.
- You can watch live TV on one pane in Snap Mode and your gaming on the other pane.
- With the Digital TV Tuner, you can pause live TV for up to 30 mins.
- You can integrate the TV channels with the Xbox OneGuide, and you can use Xbox or Cortana Voice commands.
Watch Live TV on Xbox Using Apps
Like the game, you can download streaming apps and live TV from the Microsoft Store. Popular streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Max. and live TV streaming apps like YouTube TV, Sling TV, CBS are available on the Microsoft Store. Based on your subscription, you can install any of these apps on your Xbox and get to watch TV programs.
Watch Live TV on Xbox with DVDs and Blu-ray Discs
With DVDs and Blu-ray Discs, you can’t get the live TV, but the movies and video contents available offline. Most of the Xbox consoles have a built-in Blu-ray drive. With that, you can play DVD and Blu-ray CDs. It is one of the best ways to watch movies offline.
Using these three ways, you can watch live TV and movies on your Xbox consoles. In this way, you can use your gaming console for multiple purposes. Explore the Microsoft Store on your Xbox to find more streaming apps. Comment your best live TV app in the comments section below.