We all love to play various video games and share our moments with friends. But mostly, you can’t do it while playing itself. To eradicate this issue, Twitch has been released. It paved the way for millions of viewers and gamers to interact with each other and share their creativity. If you need to stream your games, then Twitch is the right option. It is available for various platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Chromecast, Roku, etc. Creating a Twitch account is free for both streamers and viewers. This section will guide you on Twitch Bits, uses, who can get them, and ways to get them.
Table of Contents
The following are the contents focused on this article.
- What are Twitch Bits?
- From Viewers point
- From Streamer point
- Who can get Twitch Bits?
- Are they Safe?
- How to buy Bits?
- Watch Ads
- Attend surveys
- Auto refill
- How to earn money from Bits?
- And How to cheer using Bits?
What are Twitch Bits?
Basically, they are animated emotes used to cheer. You can send bits to the streamers in chats. It is literally a currency in Twitch. Streamers can also send bits to each other.
We can define Twitch bits from two different perspectives. One is from the Viewer and the other from the Streamer’s perspective.
From a Viewer’s perspective
There are many streamers on Twitch, and you may like a few based on games or the way they stream. When you want to support them, you can use this feature called “Bits.” You can buy bits and donate them online.
From a Streamer’s Perspective
Streamers have various earning methods in Twitch. They can earn based on the views or the number of bits or ads or subscriptions they have. So bits are simply an earning source for a streamer. It is a virtual in-stream currency.
Who can Get Twitch Bits?
Currently, Twitch partners and affiliates only can get Twitch bits.
Once you become an Affiliate, you can start earning money, which implies you can get bits. To become an Affiliate, you need to satisfy the following requirements.
- 50 followers
- 500 minutes in broadcast time
- Broadcast on 7 days
- Average of 3 viewers (held for 30 days)
If you want to enable bits on Twitch, then to Dashboard >> Channel >> Cheer.
Partners take a little higher position than the affiliates. They can get verified badges. For being a Twitch Partner, you must satisfy the following conditions.
- Stream for 25 hours.
- Should have an average of 75 viewers (this should be held for 30 days)
- Stream on 12 different days
Partners can get bits from Dashboard >> Partner Settings >> Cheer.
What are Twitch Bit Uses?
- Twitch bits are mainly used to cheer the streamers. You can choose how many bits you would like to donate by selecting an emote.
- To support the streamers in earning money and encouraging them to do more streams and broadcasts. As said earlier, the bits are one of the ways to earn in Twitch.
- Some people donate bits to get the streamer’s attention and get any help. Streamers are like celebrities on Twitch. Many will send the bits to make sure that their messages and respond.
- Well, you can make the stream exciting with the bits. Few will be more excited, and to increase the hype, bits are used.
- Also, bits are used to maintain a healthy online life.
- Twitch bits are only to show how generous and supportive you are as you will receive badges based on the numbers donated.
Related: How to Stream Games using Twitch on Xbox
Are Twitch Bits Safe?
Yes, of course, the Twitch bits are safe as they come with chargeback protection. Many of the twitch users started sharing bits to threaten the streamer to pay back later. So Twitch came up with this feature to prevent streamers involve in fraudulence.
How to Buy Bits?
There are multiple approaches available in which you can buy Twitch Bits. Get in to know more.
- While playing the video, you can see the “Get bits” button in the upper right corner.
- Or, on a chat screen, the bits icon will be available.
- Tap and choose the package you would like to buy.
- Now proceed to payment.
- Choose your payment method and follow the instructions.
Earn by Watching Ads
- You can also get bits in exchange for watching ads.
- You will get a watch option before selecting the package.
- Click on it and watch the ad.
- It will give 5 or 10 or 50 or 100 bits ( it is based on your luck and ad you watch)
You can also get bits by completing surveys on Twitch RPG (Research Power Group. Here you can earn a maximum of 500 bits at once. To know more about how to attend a survey, you shall follow the Twitch RPG guide.
You can set a threshold limit. For instance, let say 500 bits. Whenever your bits reach down, even it is by 1, and Twitch instantly fills the bits.
Cost of Bits
You cannot buy one bit. You got to Buy a package. Refer to the price list below:
|100 Bits||$1.4 or Rs.135.40|
|500 Bits||$7 or Rs.677.10|
|1500 Bits||$19.95 or Rs.1929.75|
|5000 Bits||$64.4 or Rs.6229.30|
|10000 Bits||$126 or Rs.12187.70|
|25000 Bits||$308 or Rs.29792.15|
Related: How to Get Twitch Prime with Amazon Prime Account
How to Earn Money out of Bits?
1 bit is equal to 1 cent. Subsequently, 100 bits is $1. If you are a streamer, you got to wait for your earnings to accrue to $100. Only then you can withdraw the amount to your bank account.
How to Donate (Give Bits) on Twitch?
Open the chat and type cheer, followed by the number of bits you would like to donate. Then send it. Or you can use cheer emotes. But this unlocks is based on the number of bits you use.
Above all, your account will get a badge based on how many bits you donated for a particular channel. In turn, this will add recognition for you in the channel.
That’s all about Twitch Bits and its uses. Finally, I guess I have covered most of the Twitch bits. If you find anything that I have missed out on, you can comment and let us know.