Xfinity Stream is a reliable streaming service that consists of more than 200 live TV channels and thousands of VOD content. The DVR feature of this application allows you to record your favorite content. You can also download movies and TV shows in the Xfinity app. The official Xfinity app can be installed on all types of Smart TVs and devices. Xfinity app is unavailable in the Samsung Smart TV 2017 or earlier models. If you are using older Samsung TV models, you can cast the Xfinity app from your smartphone. In addition, you can also connect streaming devices like Firestick and Roku to Samsung Smart TV and can stream the Xfinity content by installing the app.
How to Install Xfinity App for Samsung Smart TV
Note: Xfinity Stream Beta version is available on select models of Samsung Models released after 2018.
1. Connect the Samsung TV to the internet as soon as you turn it on.
2. On the Smart Control remote, press the Smart Hub button.
3. Scroll and select the Apps tile on the home screen.
4. Select Magnifying Glass or the Search icon at the top.
5. Type Xfinity Stream Beta using the screen keyboard and select Done.
6. Choose the Xfinity Stream Beta app and select Download.
7. Wait for the installation to complete and select Open to launch Xfinity Stream Beta app on Samsung TV.
How to Activate Xfinity App on Samsung Smart TV
With the installation of the Xfinity Stream app on Samsung Smart TV, the following steps need to be carried out to use it further.
1. Go to the Apps section and launch the Xfinity Stream app.
2. On the Welcome screen, select Get Started to proceed.
Note: If you have already activated it, then the device will show you the main menu.
3. Now, the activation code will be shown on the Samsung TV.
4. Open a web browser on your iPhone, Android, or PC.
5. Visit the Xfinity Official Website [www.xfinity.com/authorize] to reach the activation screen.
6. Provide the six-digit activation code shown on the Samsung TV and select Continue.
7. Enter the username, password, and tap on the Sign-in button.
- If you see the Success message, then Samsung TV has been activated.
8. On your Samsung Smart TV, you will see Terms of Activation. Read the terms and select Yes.
- Selecting No Thanks will take you back to the Welcome screen of the Xfinity Stream app.
9. Provide a name to your TV and choose Confirm option.
10. Now, the home screen of the Xfinity App will appear, and you can watch your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Cast Xfinity App to Samsung Smart TV [Android and iOS]
- Enable the Cast feature on your Samsung Smart TV. If your Samsung Smart TV doesn’t have cast support, connect and set up a Chromecast Ultra or any type of Chromecast device.
- Connect the Android or iOS device and the Samsung Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the app and sign in to your account.
3. Once you are in, tap the Cast icon at the top.
4. Click your Samsung Smart TV or Chromecast device from the available devices list.
5. Now, the app screen will be displayed on your Samsung Smart TV. Choose your favorite video content and enjoy streaming it on your Samsung Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Xfinity beta version app is available on the Samsung TV 2018 or later models.
Yes. Xfinity app has in-built cast support. So, you cast the app to any Smart TV.