Live TV streaming is much better with Xfinity Stream app. This streaming service has must-watch TV shows, movies, live sports, news, etc. Besides this, the Xfinity app has plenty of on-demand shows. It has more than 250+ live TV channel compatibility. The Xfinity app is available for different devices, and it is yet to be compatible with Vizio TV. But you can get the Xfinity app and stream the TV channels on Vizio Smart TV.
The Xfinity app has the download option to save the on-demand movies and shows in the library. Users can schedule DVR recordings of live streaming of TV channels. You can download recordings to watch them offline. Xfinity Basic TV subscription costs $46.95 per month and Xfinity Extra costs $65.25 per month.
How to Stream Xfinity App on Vizio Smart TV
Vizio TV users can still access Xfinity app despite its unavailability in the Vizio App Store. Since the Xfinity app is a cast-ready app, you can make use of it to screencast to Vizio TV, which comes with built-in Chromecast support. You can able to cast the Xfinity Stream app from your smartphone and PC.
Stream Xfinity Stream Using Smartphone (Android or iOS)
(1) Connect your casting device (Android or iOS) and Vizio Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(3) Launch the Xfinity app and log in to your Xfinity account.
(4) Tap the Cast icon on the app to let it scan for available devices.
(5) Select the Vizio Smart TV name among the available devices list to connect.
(6) Stream the TV channel on your smartphone and the same will be screencast to Vizio TV.
Stream Xfinity Using PC (Chrome Browser)
(1) Connect PC and Vizio TV to the same home Wi-Fi connection.
(2) Launch the Chrome Web browser on your laptop or computer.
(3) Visit the official web page of Xfinity (https://xfinity.com).
(4) Hover to the top of the screen and click the Sign In option to log in to your Xfinity account with the necessary credentials.
(5) Now, right-click anywhere on the screen to select the Cast option. Otherwise, click on the Menu icon of Chrome to choose the Cast option.
(6) You shall need to wait for Chrome to show the available devices. Select the name of your Vizio Smart TV.
(7) Click on the Sources drop-down and choose the Cast tab option to cast the particular screen to Vizio TV.
(8) Choose to play a video from the Xfinity app and the same will be available on Vizio TV.
You can use AirPlay to stream Xfinity on Vizio Smart TV. The Vizio TV has the AirPlay support to stream the Apple device’s screen. The AirPlay feature is available in the Extras of Vizio TV and you have to turn it on for the pairing. You can get the Xfinity app on the iPhone and choose the Screen Mirroring option in the Control center to connect to the Vizio TV.
Related: How to Watch Xfinity on Samsung Smart TV
Alternative Method to Install Xfinity on Vizio Smart TV
You can use external streaming devices to download Xfinity Stream on your Vizio Smart TV as well. The streaming devices such as Firestick and Roku have the Xfinity app in their App Store for free download.
Xfinity Stream App on Vizio Smart TV Using Firestick
Firestick is an Xfinity-compatible streaming device. You can download the app from the Amazon App Store.
(1) Connect the Firestick device to the HDMI port of the Vizio TV.
(2) Turn on the Firestick and move to the home screen.
(3) Select the Search option in the Find tab and type Xfinity in the search.
(4) Choose the Xfinity Stream app from the suggestions.
(5) Under Apps & Games, you need to select the Xfinity Stream tile.
(6) Click the Get or Download option to download Xfinity Stream on Firestick.
(7) When you see the Open button, select it to launch it on Firestick connected Vizio TV.
(8) It provides the Activation Code. Visit the Xfinity Official Website (https://www.xfinity.com/authorize) on a PC or smartphone.
(9) Type the Activation Code and click Continue.
(10) Sign in to your Xfinity account and watch the streaming on the Smart TV.
Note: In case Xfinity is geo-restricted, then use Downloader or ES File Explorer to get it with URL [https://bit.ly/3LRxRr6]
Stream Xfinity App on Vizio Smart TV Using Roku
Xfinity is available as a beta version for Roku in the Roku Channel Store.
(1) Plug in the Roku device to the Vizio smart TV’s HDMI port.
(2) Power on the Roku device and press the home button on the remote.
(3) On the Roku home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
(4) Choose Search Channels on the next screen to search for Xfinity on Roku.
(5) Choose the Xfinity Stream Beta and press the OK button on the remote to learn about it.
(6) Select Add Channel on the app info screen to get the Xfinity Stream on Roku.
(7) In case you have set a Roku PIN, then enter to complete its downloading process.
(8) Click Go to Channel to launch the Xfinity Stream app and get the Activation Code.
(9) Go to the Xfinity Official Website on the PC and enter the Activation Code.
(10) Click Continue and log in to your Xfinity account.
(11) Choose the TV channel to stream on the Vizio Smart TV.
These are ways in which you can get the Xfinity app on Vizio Smart TV. Xfinity app provides a user-friendly interface for hassle-free streaming. We will update the article once Vizio TV gets the official version of the Xfinity app. If you have any problems following the above guide, please mention them in the comments section below.