- Xfinity Stream is available on the Roku Channel Store.
- Roku: Tap Streaming Channels → Select Search Channels → Type Xfinity app → Select Add Channel → Click Go to Channel.
- You can also screen mirror your Android or iOS device to Roku and can watch Xfinity Stream.
Xfinity is a product of Comcast cable communications, a subsidy of the Comcast Corporation. It is a US-based OTT streaming service. With Xfinity, you can watch 250+ live TV channels and 1000+ on-demand content. The Cloud DVR feature of Xfinity allows you to record live TV channels in high quality. Xfinity Stream Beta is available for devices like Android, iOS, Samsung Smart TV, Roku, etc. Roku streaming device has a dedicated app store known as Roku Channel Store. If you are using a Roku device, you can directly install the app on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
- Your Roku device OS must be 8.1 b1 or higher Version.
- Visit the Xfinity Website [www.xfinity.com/] and create an Xfinity account. Then, choose any subscription plan and purchase it.
How to Add Xfinity Stream on Roku
: Turn On your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV and connect it to an internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
: Hit the home button on the Roku remote. It will take you to the Roku home screen.
: On the left panel, click the Streaming channels option.
: Click the option Search Channels and search for the Xfinity app.
: Select the app from the search results and hit the Add Channel button to add the channel on Roku.
The Xfinity app will be installed on your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV. You can find the Xfinity application in the Apps section on the Roku home screen.
How to Activate and Watch Xfinity Stream on Roku
: Launch the Xfinity application and select the Get Started button.
: An activation code will appear on the Roku TV screen.
: Now, go to the Xfinity Activation Website [xfinity.com/authorize] from a browser on your phone, tablet, or PC.
: On the provided text box, type the displayed 6-digit code and click Continue.
: Sign in to your Xfinity account using the required username and password.
: That’s it. The Xfinity app will display the content on your Roku TV screen.
: Select Yes to accept the Terms and Conditions on your Roku TV.
Explore the application and start watching your favorites. On the main screen, you can see various options like
- Search – You can search for movies and other stuff.
- Browse – You can browse various movie channels, TV, movies, Sports, Kids, New, and Latino.
- Live TV – Here, you will see all the available live TV channel options.
- Saved – View the For You screen. It shows all recordings and scheduled recordings and purchases.
- Settings – You will find all other Setting options and the tools under this menu.
Alternative Way to Watch Xfinity Stream on Roku
Before moving into the steps, connect your smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
: Now, launch the Xfinity Stream app and log in to your account.
: Once signed in, move to the Notification Panel or Control Center Panel of your smartphone.
: Locate and tap the Cast icon (Android) or Screen Mirroring icon (iOS).
: On the pop-up menu, look for your Roku device name and select it.
: That’s it. You can see the smartphone screen on Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
: Play your desired content on the Xfinity Stream app and watch it on your Roku.
Xfinity Stream: Compatible Roku Devices
You can download and watch Xfinity on RokuOS from Roku Channel Store. The following are the devices on which you can download the Xfinity app. (Subject to change with upcoming updates).
- Roku TVs
- Almost all Roku TVs support the Xfinity Stream app.
- (A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X).
- Streaming Media Players
- Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)
- Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X).
- Likewise, Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X).
- Roku 2 (4210X), Roku 3 and 4 (420X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X).
- Streaming Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)
- Roku Sound Bar (9100X)
Xfinity Stream Not Working on Roku – Best Fixes
When you can’t use Xfinity on RokuTV, try the fixes listed below.
- Check whether you have selected the correct HDMI input on Roku TV.
- Check if all the cables are properly connected.
- Connect the Roku to uninterrupted Wi-Fi.
- Remove any obstacles, if any, around Roku.
- Check if the batteries on the remote are working.
- Ensure your Roku is Xfinity compatible.
- You could perform a system update on Roku.
- Sign out of the Xfinity Stream Beta channel and sign in again.
- Restart your Roku.
- Submit a request to the XOC support team with the Xfinity version and build number.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can download the Xfinity Stream app from the Roku channel store.
No. Xfinity does not offer content for free.
Yes. You need to activate the Xfinity app to use it on RokuTV.