Xfinity is a product of Comcast cable communications, a subsidy of the Comcast Corporation. It is a US-based OTT streaming service. With Xfinity, you can get 200+ live TV channels, movies, and TV shows. Moreover, you can get more than 1000 on-demand videos. You can also record movies and download them offline to the cloud DVR. Xfinity Stream Beta app is available for various platforms like Android and iOS devices. Roku is one of the top-selling streaming devices with a dedicated app store. We could find Xfinity as the native application for the Roku device. So we can download and watch Xfinity on the Roku streaming device.
Watch Xfinity Stream On Roku
As said earlier, the Xfinity app has its native version for the Roku device. It means you can download and watch Xfinity on RokuOS from Roku Channel Store. The following are the devices on which you can download the Xfinity app. (Subject to change with upcoming updates).
- Roku TVs
- Almost all Roku TVs support the Xfinity Stream app.
- (A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X).
- Streaming Media Players
- Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)
- Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X).
- Likewise, Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X).
- And Roku 2 (4210X), Roku 3 and 4 (420X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X).
- Streaming Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)
- And Streaming Stick + (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)
- Roku Sound Bar (9100X)
- Your Roku device OS must be 8.1 b1 or higher Version.
- Create your Xfinity account. And go for a subscription plan. It costs $65/month for 12 months plan.
- It is available as an Xfinity Stream Beta app, and it will be only available on the above-mentioned devices. (Subject to change with upcoming updates).
- Visit https://www.xfinity.com/ to subscribe to the Xfinity.
Download Xfinity App on Roku
Quick Guide: Press Home button >> Streaming Channels >> Search Channels >> Browse Xfinity app >> Select Add Channel >> Click Go to Channel >> Activate Xfinity app
Step 1: Set up your Roku device. Turn it on. And connect it to the internet connection via WiFi or Ethernet.
Step 2: Press the home button on your Roku remote. It will take you to the Roku home screen.
Step 3: On the left panel, you can see the Streaming channels option. Click on it to navigate to the Channel Store.
Step 4: Choose a category and browse for the Xfinity Stream app. Or type Xfinity on the Search bar.
Step 5: Select the app and press OK on your remote to go to the app info page.
Step 6: Click on the Add Channel tab to download the Xfinity app.
The Xfinity app will be downloaded and installed on your RokuOS. You can find the application on the Apps section of the Roku home screen.
Related: How to install the Xfinity app on Vizio TV
Activate & Watch Xfinity on Roku
Step 1: Launch the Xfinity application on your Roku streaming device. Select the Get Started.
Step 2: An activation code will appear on the Roku TV screen.
Step 3: Now, go to xfinity.com/authorize from a browser on your phone, tablet, or PC. Do not go from Roku.
Step 4: On the provided text box, type the displayed 6 digit code. And click Continue.
Step 5: Then Log in with your existing Xfinity user name and password. Choose Sign in.
Step 6: Your web browser will give a success notification. With this, the Roku screen will refresh.
Step 7: Select Yes to accept the Terms and Conditions on your Roku device.
Explore the application and start watching your favorites. On the main screen, you can see various options like
- Search – You can search for movies and other stuff.
- Browse – You can browse various movie channels, TV, movies, Sports, Kids, New, Latino.
- Live TV – Here, you will see all the available live TV channel options.
- Saved – View the For You screen. It shows all recordings and scheduled recordings and purchases.
- Settings – You will find all other Setting options and the tools under this menu.
Related: How to Stream Xfinity Stream on Apple TV
Xfinity Stream Not Working on Roku – Possible Fixes
When you couldn’t use Xfinity on Roku, check the following.
- Ensure you have selected the correct HDMI input on Roku TV.
- Check if all the cables are properly connected.
- Connect to an uninterrupted Wi-Fi.
- Remove any obstacles, if any, around Roku.
- Check if the batteries on the remote are working.
- Ensure your Roku is Xfinity compatible.
- You could perform a system update on Roku.
- Sign out and sign in back to the Xfinity Stream Beta channel.
- Power cycle your Roku.
- Submit a request to the XOC support team with the Xfinity version and build number.