In the digital world, everyone prefers cable-free streaming platforms. It is not only cost-efficient but delivers the best quality content. In that lineup, Google launched YouTube TV, a live TV streaming service for the USA people. With this app, you will get access to more than 85 live TV channels with unlimited DVR storage. In Feb 2018, after one year of its launch, YouTube TV had been made available for Apple TV devices. You can install the app on your latest models like Apple TV 4K and HD. The older models Apple TV like 3rd Gen and lower model users should cast the app from iPhone or iPad. The article thereby addresses the installation of YouTube TV on Apple TV.
How to Download & Install YouTube TV on Apple TV
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and open the App Store.
(2) On the top, you can see menu bar options like Featured, Purchased, and so on.
(3) Go to the Search option to get the on-screen keyboard.
Related: How to Stream HBO Go on Apple TV
(4) Now, type YouTube TV, and search.
(5) Select the YouTube TV app from the suggestions and click the Get icon to install the app.
(6) After the installation, tap the Open button to run the YouTube TV app.
Activate & Watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
(1) When you open the YouTube TV app, you will get an activation code. Note down the code.
(2) Now, open the browser on your smartphone or PC and go to the YouTube Activation site (tv.youtube.com/start).
(3) Enter the activation code of YouTube TV on the specified area and click the Next button.
(4) For verification, you have to sign in with your YouTube TV.
(5) When it is done, you will get Success! Device connected screen.
(6) After that, you can stream any video content from the YouTube TV app on tvOS.
Alternative Way: AirPlay YouTube TV to Apple TV
(1) Install the YouTube TV app from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
(2) Connect iOS device and your Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Sign in with your YouTube TV account, if you are asked.
(4) Play any of the video files on the app.
(5) On the playback screen, tap the AirPlay icon.
(6) A list of devices will appear. Choose your Apple TV.
(7) Now, the video will appear on your Apple TV device.
These are the two different ways to stream YouTube TV on your tvOS. Get the YouTube TV subscription and stream all the 85+ channels on your streaming device. Based on your location, the availability of channels may vary. If you have any difficulties with the above steps, let us know in the comments below.