At $35, Google Chromecast is a great-to-have media player for home entertainment needs. It has no user-interface and remote yet it operated with the home WiFi or internet. With the integration of cast technology, it lets you stream media from the existing smartphone or PC. Although it seems to work fine as long as the internet connectivity is good, Chromecast is no perfect. So, you might expect some minor issues and bugs that are entirely resolvable. This possibly includes freezing, lagging, slow response, connectivity issue, stops working abruptly, etc. For all these and more, you shall need to Reboot or Restart Chromecast. Once after your restart, Chromecast will function as usual and you can stream contents in no time.
How to Reboot or Restart Chromecast?
Restarting Chromecast is relatively simple. There are two different methods in which Chromecast reboot can be done. Choosing either of the methods will give you the same result.
Method 1: Using Google Home App
Follow the steps given below to reboot Chromecast with the help of the Google Home app on Android or iOS.
1. Connect your smartphone and Chromecast to the home WiFi just before you proceed to restart.
2. Go the apps section on the smartphone (Android or iOS) and click on the Google Home icon to launch it.
3. On its home screen, click on the Chromecast device that you want to restart.
4. Select the Settings option that has a gear-like icon from the topmost right corner.
5. Press the More setting icon or the three dots at the top right corner.
6. Tap on Reboot option from the extended menu of More.
7. On the confirmation prompt, click OK to start rebooting the Chromecast.
Method 2: Using Power Source
If you want to restart Chromecast in fewer steps, then you shall proceed with the steps given below.
1. Disconnect the Chromecast from the power cord.
2. Just leave your Chromecast dongle unplugged for a minute or two.
3. Now, you shall plug in the power cord back to the Chromecast.
Related: How to Reset Chromecast?
Important: Mere plugging out Chromecast from the HDMI port of the TV will not reboot the device. So, make sure you unplug the dongle from the power source.
No matter what, choosing either of the methods will restart or reboot Chromecast in no time. However, using a power source is the time-consuming option to reboot the Chromecast.