Are you looking to insert the Delta (Δ) symbol on your document? You can either copy and paste this Delta (Δ or δ) or try the below methods to type the Delta symbol. The Delta symbol is used for many purposes. It will be most used if you are a student or a mathematician. In this article, let us discuss how to type the Delta symbol on various platforms.
What is the Purpose of Delta Symbol
Here are the general purposes of the delta symbol:
- It denotes the difference between the numbers or values.
- In science, it indicates a change in the variables or quantity.
- In chemistry, it shows the partial charge on the molecular chemistry.
- It also indicates the slope of the line tangent to a curve at a given point.
- Also, the lowercase Delta may represent the angle in some geometric shapes.
How to Type Delta Symbol in Excel
You can use the simple and common way to insert the Delta symbol in Excel which includes
1. Open the Excel application and choose any cell from the Excel sheet.
2. Tap on the Insert tab from the menu bar.
3. Click on the Symbols option under the Symbols section.
4. Navigate to the Subset drop-down and select the Greek and Coptic options.
5. Search and choose the Delta symbol (Δ) from the group of symbols.
6. Hit the Insert button to get the Delta symbol on the Excel.
How to Type Delta Symbol in Word using Alt Code
To insert the Delta Symbol in the Word, you can use the keyboard shortcut to insert the Delta symbol. Also, this method can be used for most apps on the Windows PC.
- Press Alt + 235 to insert the lowercase Delta symbol [δ].
- Press Alt + 30 to insert the uppercase Delta symbol [▲]
If this keyboard sequence does not work, try enabling the NumLock key on your keyboard.
How to Type Delta Symbol in PowerPoint
You can use the Symbol font to enter the Delta symbol on the required slide.
1. Tap on the textbox on the PowerPoint slide.
2. Hit the Home button on the menu bar.
3. Under the Font section, choose Symbol from the Font drop-down menu.
4. Enter the character to insert the Delta symbol (example: lowercase d).
5. Once you enter the Delta symbol, replace the font with the default.
How to Type Delta Symbol on Google Docs
1. Hit the Insert option from the menu bar.
2. Select the Special Characters from the list of options.
3. Enter the Delta on the search field.
4. Choose the Delta symbol from the search results.
5. Click on the required symbol to insert it on your page.
How to Type Delta Symbol on Mac
The quickest way to insert the Delta Symbol on Mac is to use the keyboard shortcut.
- You can use the Option + J keyboard shortcut to insert the Delta symbol for the Apple Keyboard with the numeric keypads.
- For the Apple Wireless keyboard, use Option + Shift + J Shortcut.
- If you are using the standard Mac keyboard, then press Option + K.
- You can also use the Option + Shift + = shortcut if the above method fails.
How to Type Delta Symbol on Android Phone
To type the Delta symbol on Android, you should install the third-party application. Else, copy and paste the Delta symbol (Δ).
1. Install the dxMath application from the Play Store.
2. Open the application and set up the configurations.
3. Then, go to Settings and select the System Settings option.
4. Tap on the Keyboard & input method option.
5. Choose the Manage keyboards and enable the dxMath keyboard.
6. Go to any text editor and enter any text on the page.
7. Choose the dxMath keyboard from the list to open the keyboard.
8. Click on the up arrow icon and it reveals the arithmetic symbols.
9. Choose the Delta symbol from the bunch of symbols to insert the Delta symbol on the page.
How to Type the Delta Symbol on iOS [ iPhone or iPad ]
Currently, there is no other way available to insert the Delta symbol like the Android devices. So you can copy and paste the Delta symbol (Δ) and save it on your keyboard clipboard for further usage on your iOS device.
Useful Other Symbols
Type a lowercase delta in the Latex document with \ (\delta \) or $\delta$. For uppercase delta, (\Delta \) or $\Delta$.
The Delta symbol in mathematics denotes the change or difference in the values.