Apple Watch is a great device to have on your wrist. From reading your messages to tracking your heartbeat, it provides various features for the users. Like other electronic devices, Apple will push regular updates to its smartwatch in order to introduce new features. By default, Apple Watch will notify you whenever there is an update available. Tap the notification and select Update Tonight to update the firmware overnight. However, the popular gadget also presents options to update manually with or without iPhone. Let’s discuss those methods in this guide.
How to Update Apple Watch using iPhone?
First of all, ensure that your paired iPhone was updated to the latest version. At the same time, your Apple Watch must have a 50% batter capacity while updating.
1. Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi connection and keep your Apple Watch on its charger.
2. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone and select the My Watch section.
3. Select General > Software Update.
4. If there is an update, download the update by entering your iPhone passcode or Watch passcode.
5. The update will take some time to complete. Don’t remove the watch from its charger until the update was completed.
How to Update Apple Watch Without iPhone?
Instead of using the iPhone, you can update your Watch directly from your wrist. For this method, your Apple Watch needs to be connected with a Wi-Fi network.
1. Open Settings on your Apple Watch.
2. Click General.
3. On the next screen, select Software Update.
4. If there is an update, tap Install and go through the on-screen instructions.
Related: How to Reset Apple Watch?
Can’t Update Apple Watch
If you encountered any error while updating, you can fix it easily by
- Place your Apple Watch on its charger. Ensure that it has 50% of battery capacity.
- Restart your Apple Watch and paired iPhone.
- Try to update your smart Watch after a few minutes.
Hint – Before updating the firmware of Apple Watch, make sure to remove the watchOS beta profile that you installed on your Watch (Open Watch app > My Watch > General > Profile > Select the beta profile and click Delete Profile).
Is it possible to update Apple Watch without Wi-Fi?
No. It is impossible to update an Apple Watch without being connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Apple Watch shows 16 hours to update?
In this case, remove your Apple Watch from its charger and then, restart both Apple Watch and iPhone. After a few minutes, place your watch on the charger and then update it.
Apple watch update stuck on installing?
Restarting both devices is the only solution to this issue. Close the watch app on your iPhone and restart the devices to fix the issue.
Apple Watch updates slowly?
Ensure that your iPhone was updated to the latest version and the watch has 50% of battery storage. On the other hand, check whether the Wi-Fi network is working properly.
Did the information provided in this article is really helpful? Mention them on the comments section.