Discord is free to use communication-centric app which is mainly used among the gaming community. You can also use the Discord app on the big screen by connecting it to your TV using Chromecast. But, the Discord app is not compatible with the built-in Cast support. You need to screen mirror the platform using a smartphone or PC.
As the Discord platform is compatible with both smartphones and PCs, you can use any of those devices to cast the platform. For smartphones, you can use the Discord app. For PCs, you can use the Discord website.
- Connect and set up the Chromecast device with your TV.
- Connect your casting device (Android, iOS, or PC) and Chromecast to the same WiFi.
- Install the latest version of the Discord app on your smartphone from Play Store and App Store.
- Get the Replica app on your iOS smartphone (for mirroring purposes).
How to Chromecast Discord from an Android Smartphone
1. On your Android smartphone, go to the Notification Panel.
2. From the panel, select the Cast or Screen Cast or Smart View option.
3. Select your Chromecast device from the list of devices available to connect.
4. The Android screen will be mirrored on your Chromecast-connected TV.
5. Launch the Discord app and log in with your Discord account.
6. Now, chat with your friends on a larger screen. With this method, you can also screen mirror the video calls from Discord to your TV.
How to Chromecast Discord from iPhone/iPad
1. First, launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
2. Next, click on Start Broadcast to mirror your iPhone/iPad screen to your TV.
3. Proceed to launch the Discord app on your iPhone.
4. Enter Discord login credentials to sign in to your account.
5. Now, view the Discord app on your Chromecast-connected TV. Make a call or chat with your friends and see those on the big screen.
How to Cast Discord to Chromecast-Connected TV from PC
If you are a PC user, you can cast the Discord platform in two different ways. You can use the Chrome browser or Edge browser.
1. On your PC, open Google Chrome Browser and visit the Discord Website [www.discord.com].
2. Click the Download for Windows button and get the installation file.
3. Install the Discord app on your PC and open it.
4. Sign in with your account and open the Chrome browser again.
5. Now, click on the three-dotted menu from the top right corner of the screen and select the Cast option.
6. Further, select your Chromecast device to connect.
7. Click the Sources drop-down and select the Cast Desktop option.
9. Now, your entire PC screen will be mirrored onto your TV.
10. Now, make calls and start chatting on the Discord app. It will appear on your Chromecast-connected TV.
11. To stop the casting, you can simply close the Chrome browser.
Using Edge Browser
1) Open the Edge Browser on your PC.
2) Then go the Discord’s official website (www.discord.com) and log in with your account.
3) Click on the Settings and more button at the top right corner of the screen.
4) Select the More tools option from a list of options and click on the Cast media to device button.
5) Now, select your Chromecast name to start casting the Discord website.
These are the possible ways to Chromecast the Discord app to TV to stream your favorite channel or server on TV. The app can be connected to other platforms like YouTube and Spotify. While chatting on the Discord app, you can use commands like “/giphy” or “/spoiler” to add GIF to your message or to mark your message as a spoiler.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Discord app is not compatible with the Cast support. You have to screen mirror the app using your smartphone or PC.
No, the Discord platform is free to cast on any device. However, it also offers a premium plan called Discord Nitro for $9.85 per month.