Discord is a popular group chatting app for gamers and streamers. You can make audio and video calls, send text messages and share files. Around 150 million users use the Discord app for communication. The app is mainly used by gamers because it makes chatting easy while playing games. If you are looking to view the Discord app on larger screens, you can do it with the help of Chromecast devices like Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast 3rd Generation, or Chromecast with Google TV. Discord is not a Chromecast-compatible app. But, you can use the screen mirror method to view Discord on your TV.
Discord app has servers to host the meetups for favorite games, football clubs, and YouTube channels. This paves for easy interaction all over the world. It is available for free, and you can upgrade to Discord Nitro, which includes features like higher video quality, server boosting, higher upload limit, and enhanced quality live streaming. Furthermore, you can turn any image into your custom emojis and share them with friends. The cost of Discord Nitro is $9.99 per month and $99.99 per year.
- Connect and set up the Chromecast device with your TV.
- Connect your casting device (Android, iOS, or PC) and Chromecast device to the same WiFi network.
- Install the Discord app on your smartphone from Play Store and App Store.
- Get the Replica app on your iOS smartphone.
How to Chromecast Discord from Android Smartphone
1. On your Android smartphone, go to the Notification Panel.
2. From the panel, select the Cast or Screen Cast or Smart View option.
3. Select your Chromecast device from the list of devices available to connect.
4. The Android screen will be mirrored on your Chromecast-connected TV.
5. Launch the Discord app and log in with your Discord account.
6. Now, chat with your friends on a larger screen.
How to Chromecast Discord from iPhone/iPad
1. First, launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
2. Next, click on Start Broadcast to mirror your iPhone/iPad screen to your TV.
3. Proceed to launch the Discord app on your iPhone.
4. Enter Discord login credentials to sign in to your account.
5. Now, view the Discord app on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Cast Discord to Chromecast-Connected TV from PC
1. On your PC, open Google Chrome Browser and visit the Discord Website [www.discord.com].
2. Login with your Discord account details.
3. Now, click on the three-dotted menu from the top right corner of the screen and select the Cast option.
4. Further, select your Chromecast device to connect.
5. Click the Sources drop-down and select the Cast tab option.
5. Now, the particular tab on the Chrome browser will be mirrored onto your TV.
6. Now, make calls and start chatting on your Chromecast-connected TV.
These are the possible ways to Chromecast Discord app to TV to stream the favorite channel/ server on TV. The app can be connected to other apps like YouTube and Spotify. While chatting on the Discord app, you can use commands like “/giphy” or “/spoiler” to add GIF to your message or to mark your message as a spoiler.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast Discord to your Smart TV by mirroring your device.
Yes. It is free to use. However, it also offers a premium plan called Discord Nitro. To unlock more features, you can get a subscription to Discord Nitro.
No. Discord calls are not recorded because the calls and messages are end-to-end encrypted.