YouTube is the best video sharing platform globally with an infinite number of videos and short clips. In May 2018, YouTube announced the YouTube Premium, where you can ad-free content in addition to YouTube Music and YouTube Originals. Over a period of time, YouTube Premium was not reasonable to the users, and many of them went to cancel the YouTube Premium subscription.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription?
You can easily cancel YouTube Premium subscription using,
- Android App
- iOS App
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription on Android?
(1) Open the YouTube app on your Android smartphone.
(2) Tap on your Profile icon on the top right corner.
(3) Now, click on the Paid memberships button.
(4) Under YouTube Premium, click the Manage button.
(5) You will be directed to the YouTube webpage. Click the Cancel Membership button on the webpage.
(6) On the confirmation screen, click the Yes button.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription on iOS?
(1) Open the App Store on your iPhone.
(2) Tap on the Profile icon on the top right corner.
(3) Click on the Manage Subscriptions option.
(4) You will get the Subscriptions page. Choose the YouTube Premium option.
(5) Click the Cancel Subscription button and confirm the same in the confirmation window.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription using YouTube Website?
(1) Go to the YouTube website and log in with your subscribed Gmail account.
(2) Click the Profile icon on the webpage.
(3) Now, click the Manage Memberships button next to the YouTube Premium.
(4) Then, you will get your billing information. Click the Deactivate button.
(5) On the confirmation screen, click the Continue to Cancel button.
(6) Choose Yes on the next screen to cancel the subscription.
Related: How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription?
Pause YouTube Premium Subscription
If you click the Pause Instead button, you can choose the time period to pause the subscription. Choose the number of months that you want to pause. You can choose from a minimum of one month to a maximum of six months. Your subscription will be paused from the next billing cycle. When you pause the subscription, you can no longer get the YouTube Premium services until it is resumed. If you want, you can resume your subscription in between the scheduled date. The resumed date will be your next billing date.
It is good to have options when canceling the subscription. YouTube provides more than one option to cancel the subscription. You can either cancel the subscription or pause it for up to six months. Drop your views about YouTube Premium in the comments below.