Crunchyroll is one of the streaming services that features on-demand videos of anime, Dorama, and manga. It has an ever-expanding streaming portfolio with 40000+ videos, which is being regularly updated. They are available for both free and paid premium subscribers. With the advent of dark mode, every application has got its own night mode version. Dark mode will protect your eye from blue light emission. It, in turn, will save the device battery to a considerable extent. If that seems to be useful, you should enable Crunchyroll dark mode to take advantage.
How to Use Crunchyroll Dark Mode?
First, let us see whether Crunchyroll has got its native dark theme or not. No, the Crunchyroll app on the Android or iOS doesn’t have the dark mode feature. But while using the website version of Crunchyroll on a web browser, we can utilize the dark mode feature with extensions.
Use Crunchyroll Dark Mode on Chrome with Extension
While using Crunchyroll in a web browser, we can use an extension to enable the dark mode.
Step 1: Open your choice of web browsers on your computer. For instance, Google Chrome.
Step 2: Visit Google Chrome Store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/). And search for any of the following dark mode extensions.
- Dark Mode
- Night Eye
- Dark Reader
- Turn Off the Lights
- Dark Night Mode
- Dark Skin for Crunchyroll
Step 3: Then, click on the Add to Chrome option. This section uses the Dark Mode Extension.
Step 4: Now, go to the official site of Crunchyroll (https://www.crunchyroll.com/).
Step 5: Turn on the Dark mode on the extension. You can see the Crunchyroll site in dark mode. Login to your account and start streaming.
Related: Get to know all about Dark Mode and how to use it.
Use System-Wide Dark Mode for Crunchyroll
As far as Crunchyroll mobile applications are concerned, there is no native dark theme support. You can try enabling the system-wide dark mode on your Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC. With this, you can watch the Crunchyroll videos in the dark theme.
Crunchyroll Dark Mode on Android
- Go to Settings >> Display >> Theme >> Dark or Night mode.
- Or pull down the Control center and tap the Dark mode icon.
- In the case of the Pixel mobiles, enable Battery saver mode to enable the Dark mode.
Dark Mode on iOS
To get Crunchyroll dark mode on your iPhone or iPad,
- In the iOS device, go to Settings >> Display & Brightness >> Dark.
- Swipe to open the Control Center and tap the Dark mode icon.
Dark Mode on Windows PC
- In Windows 10 PC Settings >> Personalization >> Choose Colors in left panel. Then under App mode, choose Dark.
Tip: Find out more in detail about Dark mode on Windows 10
Dark Mode on Mac
- On your Mac PC, hover to select the Apple logo >> System Preferences >> General >> Appearances tab. Choose the Dark or Auto option.
1. When can we expect the native Dark theme on the Crunchyroll app?
The dark mode is becoming more common in all the devices and applications. So we can expect the native dark theme feature on Crunchyroll at any time, sooner or later.
2. Will enabling the system-wide dark theme will work for Crunchyroll?
Enabling the system-wide dark theme will enable dark background de in almost all the applications, including Crunchyroll. In a very case, it might not work.
3. Will the above-mentioned extensions work on Firefox?
Most of the extensions mentioned above will help you enable Crunchyroll Dark Mode on Firefox besides Chrome.
Hope this section has helped out with enabling the dark theme on Crunchyroll on different devices. In case of any doubt regarding this, please write to us in the comment section below.