Avast is one of the best antiviruses that ensures your online privacy and freedom. It is the most trusted service among millions of users for home, business, and partners. Avast ensures complete protection on all your devices against viruses, malware, ransomware, etc. It offers a VPN connection and lets its users get the best of internet content. Despite all its advantages, there may be times you would like to cancel Avast subscription for all good. The best thing about Avast is it will not restrict you cancel its subscription at any time. However, cancellation steps will differ greatly based on the subscription model. For further assistance, you shall check out space below.
How to Cancel Avast Subscription?
There are multiple ways in which you can cancel the Avast subscription. It entirely depends on the mode of purchase.
Cancel Avast Subscription using Google Play
The step-by-step instruction given below will let you cancel Avast subscription from Google Play Store.
Important: The following steps will work only if you have purchased Avast from Play Store.
1. Launch Google Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Select Menu or the three horizontal line to expand the menu.
3. Choose Subscriptions option from the list of menu.
4. Click on the Avast subscription you want to cancel.
5. Press Cancel subscription.
6. You shall provide a reason for canceling the subscription. Click Continue.
7. Tap on Cancel Subscription button to confirm the action.
8. Upon successfully canceling the subscription, you will receive a confirmation by email.
Cancel Avast Subscription using App Store
To cancel an Avast subscription purchased through the App Store, follow the steps given below.
1. Launch App Store app on your iOS device.
2. Press the Profile icon available at the top-right corner.
3. Choose Subscriptions options.
4. Select the Avast subscription you want to cancel.
5. Click on the Cancel Subscription button. If you want to cancel the trial, then you will find Cancel Free Trial.
6. Tap on the Confirm option. You will receive an email upon successfully unsubscribing.
Avast Website or Avast App on PC
If you have subscribed to Avast from its official website or Avast app, then follow the below steps to cancel it.
1. Open the browser and visit https://id.avast.com/sign-in to sign in to your account.
2. Choose Subscriptions tile on the Welcome screen.
3. Navigate to click on the Unsubscribe button under the Avast subscription you want to cancel.
4. Click on the radio button to choose to Unsubscribe from future renewals. Tap on the Confirm button.
5. The following screen will inform you that unsubscribing will take up to 24 hours. Select the Got it button to proceed.
FYI: You will find Unsubscribing in progress when opted to unsubscribe. If the status shows Expired, then you have successfully canceled the subscription.
6. When the subscription is canceled, you will receive a confirmation email.
Related: How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium?
Cancel Avast Subscription using Avast Customer Portal
Avast users who have purchased the VPN over Digital River or Nexway can follow the respective section to cancel the subscription.
Using Digital River
1. On your email inbox, open the order confirmation email either from [email protected] or [email protected]
2. Locate and make a note of the order ID and password.
3. Visit the customer portal of Avast (https://www.avast.com/find-order).
4. Enter the order ID and password as noted and click on Log in button.
5. Select Unsubscribe button under Your Subscriptions section.
6. Click in to Unsubscribe from further renewals and press Confirm.
7. Select Got It button on the following screen.
8. You will find status as Expiring when the subscription cancellation begins.
Upon subscribing to Avast using the Nexway Customer Portal, you shall need to follow the steps to cancel it.
1. Visit the Avast Customer portal based on the location you use it.
2. Provide the Sign in details like email address and password. Click Sign in.
3. Select Change Auto Renewal Settings under Quick Links.
4. Choose the subscription you wish to cancel.
5. Under Auto Renewal section, click on Disabled option.
6. Select Disable automatic renewal to confirm and cancel your subscription.
7. Upon canceling the subscription, you will find Auto-Renewal Disabled in the Status.
Make sure you know your order ID of Avast subscription and then follow the steps.
1. Visit https://support.avast.com/contact/sales_autorenewal/ to open the Avast support contact form.
2. Choose Change button next to I want to unsubscribe.
3. Select the necessary option and press Next to proceed.
4. Enter the necessary details like name, email order ID, and click on Submit Request.
That was all the possible methods in which you can end your subscription with Avast. Hope that was a useful session for you. Drop a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to share with us.