PayPal is the globally used secured online payment method. It has 429 million active users, which is the highest number worldwide. To create a free Paypal account, one must click on the Sign-Up button and enter the necessary details to create the account. If you are looking to change your PayPal username, we are sorry for you. There is no way to change the PayPal username that was provided by PayPal when you were creating the PayPal account. But you can change the display name of your PayPal account by providing the official government proof and requesting to change your PayPal display name.
How to Change the PayPal Display Name
(1) Launch a web browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
(2) Click on the search icon and navigate to the PayPal website.
(3) Select the Log in button and enter your PayPal credentials to access your account.
(4) Click on the Settings icon and select the Account tab.
(5) Under your profile name, click on the option Change name.
(6) Enter your new username name and click on Continue.
(7) PayPal allows you to change your legal name, Update your profile, and minor corrections.
(8) Now, you will need to provide government-issued proof with your new name and photograph.
(9) Upload the documents for verification, and your name updates within 3-5 business days.
FYI: If PayPal isn’t valid or it isn’t listed on the payment mode of your transaction. In that case, you shall get the best PayPal alternatives to make your purchase hassle-free.
How to Disable the PayPal.Me Link
Just like the username, you cannot change the link of PayPal.Me once after it was created. But you can disable the function of PayPal.Me link to stop receiving the money from PayPal.Me link. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable PayPal.Me link.
(1) Open the browser on your PC.
(2) Click on the search icon and go to the PayPal website.
(3) Select the Login button and enter your credentials.
(4) Make a tap on the Settings icon on the homepage of PayPal.
(5) Select the Account tab and click on the option Manage under Change name.
(6) Toggle the button under Profile Status to turn off the status.
(7) The screen prompts to Turn Off Your Profile page click on the Turn off button to disable PayPal.Me link.
No. You cannot change the username on PayPal.
You cannot change the PayPal username on the mobile app. You can change the PayPal username from the web browser.
To change the PayPal password,
 Login to your PayPal account from your web browser.
 Click the Settings icon on the Home page.
 Select the Security tab and select the Password.
 Enter your current password and enter the new password.
 Click on Change password to change the password.
You cannot change the PayPal on the mobile app. It can be accessed only in the web browser.