Apple TV is one of the best and popular streaming devices. It gives a streaming experience like watching in the theater. And it streams the media contents in 4K and HD quality. There are a lot of streaming apps available in the Apple TV app store. You can navigate on the Apple TV using your Apple TV remote. You can also access your photos, videos from iCloud and stream them on your Apple TV. But to do all these activities on Apple TV, we must have an internet connection. Without the internet, we can’t do anything with Apple TV. We can connect to the internet through the router with an ethernet cable or WiFi. This article provides the step by step instructions on how to connect Apple TV to WiFi.
How to Connect Apple TV to WiFi
1) Turn on your Apple TV and click on the Gear icon.
2) In settings, select Network. (If you are using Apple TV 3rd Gen and below, then go to Settings >> General >> Network)
3) Next, Check the box under Connection.
4) Now, Apple TV will scan for the WiFi network.
5) Select the WiFi network that you want to connect with.
6) Next, enter the WiFi password and click on Continue.
7) Finally, you will get a confirmation message that your Apple TV is successfully connected to Wi-Fi.
What if WiFi is Not Connecting?
If you are unable to connect your Apple TV to WiFi, then follow the best solutions.
- Restart your Apple TV, router, and modem.
- You can use an Ethernet cable and check for software updates.
- Check whether your WiFi is working.
- Check security settings on your Router.
- Find out whether you have turned on WiFi properly.
- You can use the ReBoot tool to fix the WiFi not working issue.
- Update your equipment like Router’s Firmware and Apple TV’s software.
Related: How to Update Apple TV [With Screenshots]
As we conclude, a stable internet connection is a must to do anything on Apple TV. Other than streaming, you can also download any streaming app, update software, and more with the WiFi network. We hope the given procedure is very easy to connect your Apple TV to Wi-Fi. If you have any doubt, still ask us in the comment section.