Dell is one of the front runners in the laptops and computer departments. They are known for their long-term useability and ease to use setups. We use our PC for browsing a lot. While browsing, we may come across some images or texts that we want to share. In those situations, you have to take a screenshot of the images or the texts on your Dell PCs. Taking Screenshots on Dell PCs is much easier as it allows users to take a screenshot in different ways.
Ways to Take a Screenshot on Dell PCs
- In Windows 8 and above
- In Windows 7 and below
- Using the Snipping Tool
Take a Screenshot on Dell PCs: In Windows 8 and above
The below-mentioned steps are only applicable to take screenshots on Dell computers running on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
(1) Locate the PrtScr key on your Dell PC. The name of the key may vary with Prtscr, Prt Scrn, PRTSC, PrntScrn, or Ps-SR.
(2) Now, press the keyboard combination Windows + PrtScr key.
(3) Your PC screen will glitch for a split second. It means that the screenshot was taken.
(4) The screenshot will be saved in the Pictures folder on your PC. Go to This PC –> Pictures –> Screenshots.
Are you using HP Laptop? Here are the three different ways to take screenshot on HP computers.
Take a Screenshot on Dell PCs: In Windows 7 and below
(1) Follow the first three steps mentioned above.
(2) The taken screenshot won’t be saved in the Screenshots folder instead, it will be stored on the clipboard temporarily.
(3) Open any of the photo editing apps like Microsoft Paint or Photoshop. Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard.
(4) Then, save the screenshot on your PC.
Take a Screenshot on Dell PCs: Using Snipping Tool
The above-mentioned methods will vary depending on the type of Windows version you’re using. But, the Snipping Tool method is applicable for all Windows computers. With Sniping Tool, you can take the full screen or a desired portion of the screen as a screenshot.
Note – Snipping Tool has been replaced with Snip & Sketch on Windows 10 computers.
(1) Open the Snipping Tool app on your Dell PC.
(2) A small pop-up will appear. Click the New button.
(3) Now, the cursor will be changed into a Plus sign. Click the mouse pointer and drag the screen portion that you want to take as a screenshot.
(4) When done, release the mouse pointer. Now, click the Save button to save the screenshot on your desired location.
Apart from these ways, you can also use third-party screenshot tools like Lightshot, Greenshot, and more. With these third-party screenshot tools, you can take a custom screenshot as you do in Snipping Tool.
These are the different ways that you can take a screenshot on Dell PCs. We recommend you use anyone of the three methods. Don’t go for the third-party tool. Some third-party tools won’t support your software version, and there may be some limitations. From now on, take screenshots on your Dell PC and share them with your friends just like you do on your smartphones. Follow our space for more tech updates.