Screenshots are important things while browsing the internet. If you want to capture some things or when you came across a funny meme, rather than downloading the image, you can screenshot the image. It is an easy way to do. But for that, you need to know how to take a screenshot on your laptop or computer. In this post, we will guide you on how to take a screenshot on the HP laptop in different ways.
Different Ways to Take Screenshot on HP Laptop
There are several ways to take a screenshot on HP laptops. You can either take a screenshot of a whole screen or crop a portion of the screen.
- Using PrtScr
- Using Keyboard Combination
- Other Apps
How to Take Screenshot on HP Laptop using PrtScr?
PrtScr is a standard key available on every brand of the keyboard. The key specifically meant for screenshot purposes.
(1) When you want to take a screenshot, click the PrtScr or Prt SC button on the keyboard.
(2) The entire screen will be captured and will be saved on the clipboard.
(3) Now, open any of the photo editing apps like Paint or Photoshop. Paste the photo (press Ctrl + V).
(4) The screenshot will appear. Then, go to File –> Save or Ctrl + S to save the image.
How to Take Screenshot on HP Laptop using Keyboard combination?
This method is helpful when you want to take a screenshot of a specific portion. This method works only on specific HP laptops. If it is not working, get into the next section.
(1) Press the keyboard combination Windows + Shift + S.
(2) Now, the cursor will change into a crosshair. Click and drag the cursor to the specific portion that you need.
(3) The image will be copied on your clipboard. Open any photo editing apps and paste the image.
(4) Then, save the image using File –> Save or Ctrl + S shortcut.
How to Take Screenshot on HP Laptop using Other Apps?
For Windows and Chrome OS, there are a lot of apps available to take screenshots. In Windows, there is a pre-installed app called Snipping Tool to take screenshots. The main advantage of using third-party apps is that the image you captured will be saved in your PC library instead of copying to the clipboard. In this way, you can save the image directly without using any photo editing apps.
In Snipping Tool, you can capture the image on any shapes and any size, You can draw your own shape and capture the screen. These advanced features are available only on third-party tools.
How to Take Screenshot on HP Tablet?
If you are using the HP tablet, you can use the universal way to take the screenshot. You can press and hold the Power button and the Volume button for 2-3 seconds. It will capture the whole screen.
These are the different ways to take a screenshot on HP laptops and tablets. Use these ways to take a full-screen screenshot, partial-screen shot on your PCs, and tablets. If you want to know any other specific things about HP laptops, tell us in the comments section.