Facebook is one of our integral part of life, but not to all of us. Some won’t like Facebook and need to get rid of it. Some will continuously use the app. In some brands of smartphones, Facebook comes with pre-installed. Uninstalling pre-installed apps on a smartphone is not an easy task. If you want to uninstall Facebook, you need to follow certain steps.
In iOS smartphones, only the Apple-made apps pre-installed and you can uninstall those apps easily. Except for primary apps like Messages, Photos, Camera, and Phone. But in Android smartphones, some brands will allow you to uninstall the pre-installed apps and some won’t.
How to Uninstall Facebook on iOS Devices?
Uninstalling Facebook on iOS devices is one of the easiest things to do. Tap and hold the Facebook app for 2-3 seconds. A pop-up will appear. Tap on the Delete App option. A confirmation screen will appear, tap on the Delete button. The app will be uninstalled.
How to Uninstall Facebook on Android Devices?
If you install the Facebook app manually, follow the below steps. If Facebook is a pre-installed app, skip to the next section.
(1) Tap and hold the Facebook app on your smartphone.
(2) Drag the Facebook to the Uninstall section.
(3) A confirmation screen will appear. Tap on the Uninstall button. The Facebook app will be uninstalled.
Some brands of Android smartphones also offer this method even though Facebook is a pre-installed app. If you can’t uninstall the app in this method, follow the below steps.
(1) Go to Settings on your smartphone.
(2) Tap on the Apps or Apps Management option. The name of the option may vary based on a smartphone.
(3) Scroll down and tap on the Facebook app.
(4) Click the Uninstall button.
(5) On the confirmation screen, tap on the OK button.
(6) In some brands, you can tap on the Force Stop or Disable button. This will stop Facebook from background activities.
Remove the Facebook app from your Android and iOS smartphone. Uninstall the Facebook app even though the app is pre-installed. If you are a Facebook hater like me, delete the app from your smartphone and stay away from Facebook.