Sling TV is one of the best streaming services at a much low cost than satellite and cable packages. It is the best alternative for cable TV that allows you to watch hit movies, live sports, popular TV shows, and news channels. In addition, it also gives you Cloud DVR support, which allows you to record 50 hours of your favorite TV shows to watch later. The first month’s subscription of new users will be only $10. There are different Sling TV packages and you will get a 30-days of Sling TV free trial. You can stream the new, improved version of Sling TV on Google TV.
Sling TV has become the single non-Google streaming service to get combined into Google TV’s Live tab. Usually, on your Google TV tab, you’ll get only recommendations from YouTube TV. But now, by installing the app, you can also get recommendations from the Sling TV streaming service into your Google TV’s live tab. In this article, we have shown you the exact method to get Sling TV on Google TV. Let us see the step-by-step procedure.
How to Get Sling TV on Google TV using Google Home App
Sling TV comes pre-installed on Google TV at times. In that case, you shall follow the procedure given below.
1. First of all, you need to have an active Sling TV subscription.
2. Then, link your Sling TV account with your Google account by using the Google Home app on your mobile or tablet.
3. Go to Google TV’s Live tab. Furthermore, scroll into the channel guide.
4. Now, you can see content on the Live tab of your TV’s navigation bar.
Some times Sling TV app may take some time to appear on the Live tab. And also, recommendations on your Google TV will be based on your recent activity, so you need to use the app a little longer while using the service for the first time in your Google TV.
[Note: To follow the above method, you need to be inside the USA.]
How to Install Sling TV on Google TV Inside the USA
1. Turn on your Google TV.
2. Click the Search menu in the header.
3. Type the name “Sling TV” on the search bar.
4. Select the Sling TV app on the search result.
5. Hit the Install button.
6. Finally, Click Open to launch Sling TV.
Now, you can log in to your Sling TV account and start watching your favorite TV shows, movies, and more Sling TV content.
Related: How to Setup and Use Netflix on Google TV [Simple Guide]
How to Install Sling TV on Google TV Outside the USA
1. Navigate to the Apps tab on your Google TV and click Search for Apps.
2. Type “Downloader” in the search bar.
3. Click the Downloader app in the search result and click the Install button.
4. Open the app and enable Allow to grant permission to download apps from an unknown source.
5. In the next screen, enter the Sling TV URL and then tap on the Go button.
6. Once the download is finished, select Install to download the app.
7. Go to your Google TV home screen and open Express VPN on your Google TV.
8. Choose any USA location and click the Connect button.
After the successful Express VPN connection, you can log in to your account and start watching your Sling TV channels, favorite shows, movies on your TV.
We are concluding this article here. Hope, this article is useful for you and simplifies your Sling TV installation process. Still, if you have any doubts regarding the different installation methods mentioned above (or) facing any issues during the installation process, let us know in the below comment section. We’ll resolve it!.