A screenshot is an action of capturing the screen as an image. They aren’t useful when we want to capture a video playing on the mobile screen. Then came the screen recording apps. Fortunately, a few high-end Android mobiles do provide native screen recording features, just like the screenshot. But most Android phones or tablets require a third party application to record the screen. We don’t have a shortage of apps to serve the purpose. There are a plethora of Android screen recorder apps available on the Play Store. But still, we may want a reliable and the best app. So we have listed and summarized the best screen recording apps for Android.
Best Screen Recording Apps for Android
|1. AZ Screen Recorder|
2. Screen Recorder by Kimcy929
4. Google Play Games
5. Icecream Screen Recorder
6. Super Screen Recorder
7. DU Screen Recorder
|8. Mobizen Screen Recorder|
9. MNML Screen Recorder
10. ADV Screen Recorder
11. RecMe Free Screen Recorder
14. Lollipop Screen Recorder
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $1.49 to $9.99 per item.
Play Store Rating: 4.5
AZ Screen recorder is a stable, high-quality screen recorder for Android. Apart from screen recording, it offers a video editor. You can live stream your screen to social media or screenshots it and perform image editing. It tops the list of the best screen recording apps for Android for the following features.
- It offers high-quality video recording up to 1080p, 12Mbps, and 60 Fps. Moreover, there is no recording time limit and no root required.
- With Android 10 and above, the app can support recording with the internal audio without recording any external noise. If needed, you can record external audio too.
- The app features a Facecam window in which you can record your facial expressions too.
- Pause and resume screen recording, GIF maker, floating windows to control the functions, screen drawing function while recording, etc.
- Live streaming allows you to stream the recording on the go. You can stream to Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, etc., along with Facecam.
- It offers all the basic video and image editing features. You can also use the app to capture screenshots.
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $3.99 per item.
Play Store Rating: 4.3
Screen Recorder allows you to record screen easily and capture screenshot anywhere, anytime on your Android mobile. Like the AZ screen recorder from the Android 10 version, you can record the internal audio. It offers various other exciting features too.
- With Screen Recorder by Kimcy929, we can record the Android screen’s internal audio from the Android 10.
- There are quick tiles features to access various functions like screen recorder, screenshot on the notification panel in Android 7 and later.
- The app supports various languages like English, Spanish, French, Turkish, Portuguese, Italian, etc.
- Record screen and save them on any location of your preference, and also allows you to do some basic editing to the videos.
- It has a Facecam feature and got the Magic button feature to control the screen recording and screenshot.
- Other features include edit overlay, trimming videos, record sound from MIC, insert logo or text, Day and night theme, etc.
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $1.49 to $299.50 per item.
Play Store Rating: 4.5
Twitch is the first mobile broadcasting app for Android mobiles. It mainly focuses on game streaming and live streaming. You can directly broadcast your Android screen to Twitch with its screen recording feature and interact with many like-minded people.
- You can capture and broadcast games from your Android screen. It is more like a Live Streaming.
- The app also supports a front-facing camera, so you can add your facial reactions and interact with the audience.
- You can capture both internal and external audio. You can talk and explain while streaming and also let the background audio play.
- There are options to hide or unhide the control options. If required, you can mute the audio and turn off the camera during a broadcast.
- The live streaming allows the viewers to comment, and you can see who are all watching your broadcasting.
- But to screen record the whole Android screen other than the games, you would need another application.
Play Store Rating: 4.3
Play Games is one of Google’s great applications that makes your games funnier. Apart from keeping track of your games, Play games also allow you to record and share your gameplay. This is just like the previous app Twitch. Indeed this is one of the best screen recording apps for Android.
- The app is specifically designed as a gaming platform. Like Twitch, you are allowed to record and share only games and related stuff.
- Record videos and share them on YouTube gaming to earn some money too. You can also record the moments and share them on other platforms.
- The Play Games allows you to capture video in high-quality up to 720p, 480p, etc. Moreover, the app provides complete support to Chromecast.
- The app also supports the front-facing camera and microphone to add and record your views while recording the screen.
- Above all, you can record and edit the videos. The necessary video editing tools like trim are available, and you get to upload the video directly to YouTube.
- Those who don’t prefer Twitch can use this app as there is a huge demand for gaming videos worldwide.
Play Store Rating: 3.7
Icecream Screen Recorder is a completely free tool and popular screen recording app from Icecream apps. Unlike the previous Twitch and Google Play Games apps, you can record anything like games, apps, video calls, online streams, video players, etc. It is yet another best screen recording apps for Android with interesting features.
- The app is straightforward to use and very intuitive. There is no time limit for recording the screen, which allows you to select how much screen you want to record.
- You can record both internal and external audios while recording your screen along with the webcam overlay so that you can record yourself too.
- The annotation features allow you to add texts or draw arrows, shapes, etc., on the screen. It allows adding your logo while recording.
- You can also do lots of video editing like trimming, change the speed, convert the format. And also, add mouse pointer effects to specify something.
- You can also record using the schedule option. And also record multiple screen capture tasks on a timer.
- You can also hide cursors, desktop icons, screensavers during captures. Also, you can show the hotkeys you are using while recording.
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $0.99 to $19.99 per item.
Play Store Rating: 4.5
Yet another on the list of best screen recording apps for Android devices include Super Screen recorder. It is one of the best professional screen recorder, live streaming app. You can also capture screenshots and edit videos with the help of this app. Various other features it includes are as follows.
- Super Screen Recorder is a user-friendly app that allows you to capture High Definition videos in 2K, 12MBPS, 60 FPS resolutions.
- Livestreaming features support resolution option setting, save video during live streaming, set live pause settings, etc.
- The brush tool allows you to draw on the videos, and various other video editing options like cut or trim, merge videos, compress, add music, rotate, dub, change video speed, etc.
- The app also supports so that you can make GIF convert your favorite part into an animated GIF.
- Pause or resume recording, record long time videos, shake to stop, support portrait or landscape, and display tapping in screen recording.
- You can also schedule a recording and use the Facecam features to add your comments and views to the videos with many frame rates.
Play Store Rating: 3.4
DU Screen recorder is a stable, high-quality screen recording application for your Android mobiles and tablets. It has a different set of features that help you record and capture screen and edit pictures and videos without any rooting permissions. You can do lots more with this app.
- DU screen recorder allows you to record videos like games, video calls, live shows, and various other stuff on your Android phone.
- You can record high-quality videos like 1080p, 12MBPS, and 60 FPS resolutions. The app also supports multiple languages.
- Screen recording is the primary function that features many resolutions, pause and resume, front camera, record internal and external audios, etc.
- All basic and necessary video editing features like trim, merge, volume adjust, music, rotate, crop, change the video speed, GIF creations, etc.
- Live Creator allows you to set background resolution, privacy level settings, real-time commenting features, and stream to social media.
- Moreover, you are also allowed to take screenshots and edit images to blur or crop any photos. There are also brush tools along with floating icons on the notification bar.
Related: Best Camera Apps for Android
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $0.99 to $43.99 per item.
Play Store Rating: 4.2
This is one of the best screen recording apps for Android. Mobizen Screen Recorder is an easy to use screen recording app. The app is very convenient to use and allows you to record capture and edit. It is available on the Play Store for free with in-app purchases.
- Almost all the features are available for free you are allowed to record videos in HD, and resolutions include 1080p, 12MBPS, and 60 FPS.
- There is a Facecam to capture your views while recording, and there are no time restrictions for video recording.
- And the app also offers various video editing features like trim, cut, add BGM to give those videos a more personalized touch.
- You can also record the screen clean, and also there is no need for rooting from Android OS 4.4.
- The app also allows you to save the videos wherever you want. There are no live streaming features, though.
- It is very intuitive, easy to use, and more convenient. Even beginners can start using the app in a while.
Play Store Rating: NA
As far as MNML is concerned, the app is still on its beta version (as of Dec 2020). But the app offers a wide range of features when it comes to screen recording. It aims to fix various issues, and come up with no ads, a clean interface, and provides an easy-to-use interface. Other features are as follows.
- The app’s main aim is to offer a clean interface and develop more theme options, including automatic dark theme mode.
- You can adjust the app settings to record the screen, set a countdown, and you get to select which audio to record, like internal and external.
- And it has come up with the best recording quality. With this app, you get to adjust the frame rate and video bit rate.
- The screen recording control features can be set according to your convenience, like stop record when shaken or when the screen off.
- The app comes with improved Android Q support, and there will be various internal upgrades and housekeeping features.
- It will be a completely free application and also will come up with a very intuitive interface.
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $0.99 per item.
Play Store Rating: 4.5
ADV Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording apps for Android mobile phones and tablets. It is straightforward to use, and it excludes the menu options that cover the whole screen. It is designed with full features, and also it works without rooting.
- ADV Screen recorder offers 2 engines for recording. One is the default, and the other one is advanced.
- But pause and resume recording is available only on the advanced engine. So the app is not so straightforward.
- You can use the brush tools to draw on the recording screen with your favorite color.
- The app allows you to use the front and back camera with an overlay window to record your thoughts.
- The app also allows you to edit videos, add annotations like you can use different fonts. You are also allowed to set logos, banners, and other important stuff to your videos.
- You can also use the app to perform some basic video editing functions like trimming or cropping the videos etc.
Cost: Free. In-app purchase costs $3.49 per item.
Play Store Rating: 3.8
Yet another best screen recording app is RecMe Free screen recorder. It supports recording video and records internal and external audios. RecMe app is completely free with no ads, no watermarks, no rooting. It comes with various features to record high-quality videos.
- The app can produce high-quality videos with resolutions up to 60 FPS, up to 1080P, 32 Mbits bitrate. You can choose what you want.
- The app provides support to the microphone and allows you to record both internal and external audios while recording the screen.
- Pro version allows you to choose the front and back camera overlay, and also, there are options to record countdown and stop the recording when you lock the screen.
- Screen drawing and imaging overall features are available on the Pro version.
- You can control the whole screen with the control widgets and the notification bar. It allows you to pause and resume the recording.
- The video files can be recorded in MP4 or MKV formats and also features various options to optimize performances and quality.
Play Store Rating: 3.8
This is yet another best screen recording apps for Android phones and tablets. OneShot Screen Recorder is a simple, but powerful softkey screen capture and screen recording application.
- OneShot Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording apps as of now to record screen even in the Android 5.0 version.
- The control features are all available on the notification bar. Or you can also get on-screen widgets to control the recording.
- Another best feature to use the OneShot screen recorder is there are no ads, and it is completely free.
- And the app doesn’t insert watermarks on your videos so that it will be easy for you to add your logos and banners.
- There is also a feature to hide the notifications and the control icons while recording the screen.
- The app is available for free on the Google Play Store. Moreover, the app is very simple and easy to use.
Play Store Rating: 3.4
Rec is one of the beautiful screen recording apps. It provides untethered, flexible, and fully configurable screen recording features and functionalities for your Android devices. The app also has a neat interface, and it is very intuitive. So even beginners can use the application straightaway.
- Record the screen without any time limits even up to hours. It doesn’t require any rooting.
- Rec screen recorder app can record contents in the highest possible resolution in Android 5.0 and above.
- You can prefer storage space. Save videos either on your internal or external storage space.
- You get to configure aspects such as resolution, orientation, and the bitrate of the videos before recording.
- If you turn off the screen, the app will stop the recording at once. You can prefer to record either internal or external audios.
- Above all, you can schedule the recording, and also, the interface is so intuitive. The app is very neat and straightforward.
Related: Best Photo Editor for Android
Play Store Rating: 3.9
The last on the list of best screen recording apps for Android is the Lollipop Screen Recorder. It is most popularly known as the Riv screen recorder on the Play Store. Lollipop Screen Recorder is a simple and easy to use screen recorder for all the Android 5.0 and above version. It comes with a rich feature set.
- The app has an official version, so therefore there is no need for rooting. And the app is very simple and easy to use.
- The app allows you to use the camera to get a picture in picture mode and allows you to store the recordings in the SD cards or any other preferred space.
- You are allowed to set resolution, orientation, and bitrate. You can also record at a full-screen resolution.
- And you will also be able to schedule a record of your screen and fix the countdown to start the recording.
- Another interesting feature is the recording will stop when you turn off the screen. It allows you to access the mic to record audios.
- The recorded videos will be stored in the easy to find folder so that you can use any of your favorite application to view, edit, and share the recording.
That was all our top list of best screen recorder apps for Android. Choose the one that suits your needs. Let us know in the comment if we missed something out.