The only thing iPhone and iOS lacks is the customization options. When compared to Android, iOS has only a few customization options. The main reason for the lack of customization options is the user security protocols followed by Apple and its OSes. The manually installed app on iOS can’t have any access unless you opt to. But, quite a few customization options are available like to change the clock on the iPhone lock screen, change the background, and manage the lock screen. In this post, we will explore all the possible ways that you can customize your iPhone lock screen.
In iOS 13, you can’t change the clock on the iPhone lock screen. The way iPhone shows time, date, and day in a lock screen is somewhat unique to iOS. So, you can’t customize it. But you can change the hour format, change the font size of the time. There are quite a few customization options available on the iPhone lock screen.
- Change Wallpaper on Lock Screen
- Set Auto-Lock time
- Manage Notification
- Control Centre Access
The instructions mentioned here are taken from iOS 13.3.1. Make sure that you are using the same OS or the latest version.
How to Change Wallpaper on Lock Screen?
(1) Open Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Choose the Wallpaper option.
(3) On the next screen, click the Choose a New Wallpaper button.
(4) You can choose from Dynamic, Stills, and your gallery images.
(5) Choose an image, it will show you the below screen. If you are okay with the photo, click the Set button. If not, click the Cancel button and choose another photo.
(6) Now, on the bottom, three options will appear. Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, and Set Both. Choose the appropriate one.
(7) The settings will be saved.
How to Set Auto-Lock Time on iPhone?
(1) On the Settings, go to Display & Brightness option.
(2) Choose the Auto-Lock button.
(3) It will display the Auto-Lock time in seconds and minutes. Choose the one you prefer. If you choose Never, your iPhone will never go to lock screen, unless you do it manually.
How to Manage Notification on iPhone Lock Screen?
(1) On Settings, go to Notifications option.
(2) Click the Show Previews option. Three options will appear.
Always: It will show the notification with the contents whenever you receive a notification.
When Unlocked: It will shoo the notification, upon unlocked with your face ID or touch ID it will show you the contents.
Never: This will show you the notification but the contents won’t appear. To see the content, you need to open the respective app.
(3) Choose the preferred one.
(4) If you want, you can manage the app’s notification individually. Choose the app that is displayed. Untick the Lock Screen notification. After this, the notification from the respective app won’t appear on the Lock screen.
How to Manage Control Centre Access on iPhone Lock Screen?
You can access the Control Centre by swiping down from the top right corner. If you want you can turn off/on the Control Center on the Lock screen. To do so,
(1) On the Settings menu, choose the Face ID & Passcode option.
(2) It will ask for your passcode. Enter the passcode.
(3) Scroll down, you will list of options under Allow Access When Locked. Turn off or turn on the Control Centre toggle.
Suggestion: How to Track iPhone using Android?
These are the customization option available on the iPhone lock screen. As of now, you can’t change the clock on the iPhone lock screen. In iOS 14, which is expected to launch soon, may have this change clock feature. Until then, we all need to wait for it. If you have any other customization option in mind, feel free to share in the comments below.