Apple TV is a digital streaming device that offers streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, HBO Now, Showtime, and more. It lets you stream services with 4K and HD quality. You can plug in Apple TV to your TV’s HDMI port and stream your favorite content with the internet. Before heading to stream the media content, you should know to power on and power off your Apple TV. Every Apple TV comes with Apple TV remote or Siri remote. So you can power it on with your remote in no time. In case of not having a remote, you can also turn it on using your iOS device that acts as a makeshift controller. Get into this article to learn how to turn on your Apple TV in different ways.
How to Turn on Apple TV with Remote
If you want to turn on tvOS with your remote, the process is relatively simple.
1) Press the Home or Menu buttons on your Siri or Apple TV Remote.
2) Your Apple TV will turn on in few seconds.
Note: To resume your Apple TV from sleep mode, go to Settings –> Remotes and Devices –> Turn it on.
How to Turn on Apple TV without Remote
You can still turn on your tvOS even when the Apple TV remote is not working or missing upon carrying out the below steps.
1) Connect your TV to the same HDMI input where the Apple TV is plugged in.
2) Unplug your Apple TV. i.e., unplug a black cable that comes out from the backside of your Apple TV.
3) Now, replug your Apple TV, the Apple logo should be displayed on your TV screen before it goes to the blank screen. Then the white “on” light will blink in your Apple TV.
4) Finally, you will get the Apple TV home screen in few seconds.
How to Turn on Apple TV without Remote using iPhone
Make sure that you have added Apple TV Remote to your iPhone Control Center. To add, go to Settings –> Control Center –> Customize Controls –> More Controls –> click on Add button next to Apple TV Remote. Then follow the steps given below.
1) Go to Control Center and click on the Apple icon.
2) Select the Apple TV, and it will turn your TV screen on.
3) When asked, enter the four-digit code shown on tvOS.
Note: You can also tap on the virtual control area in the Control Center on iPhone to turn on tvOS
Bonus: You shall download iTunes Remote app from the App Store to control Apple Music, iTunes, and the Apple TV app using the iPhone or iPad.
Try This When tvOS Doesn’t Turn On
- Plug out both the ends of the HDMI cable and plug it back.
- Alternatively, you shall use another HDMI cable and HDMI port.
- Make sure to select the same HDMI input as that of the port you have connected to your Apple TV.
- Plug your TV and Apple TV from the power and plug it back.
- You can restore Apple TV to turn it on.
To access anything on Apple TV, you need to turn it on. Hope this article has explained the different ways in which you can power it on your Apple TV with and without a remote. And you can also use your iPhone as an Apple TV remote with a free app. If you have any doubt ask us in the comment section and share your feedback with us.