- Delete a single slide: Right-click the slide → Click Delete Slide.
- Delete multiple slides: Press the Ctrl key → Select the slides → Right-click any slide → Tap Delete Slide.
- Delete slides in sequence: Press the Shift key → Click a slide → Right-click the slide → Select Delete Slide.
- Hide the slide: Right-click a slide → Select Hide Slide.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a virtual presentation software pre-installed on all Windows computers. PowerPoint is a part of the Microsoft Office suite. By using PowerPoint, you can create and customize presentation slides with ease. If you have added more slides or any slide added to the presentation is irrelevant, you can remove or delete the slide using this guide. You can also hide a PPT slide from the slideshow.
How to Delete the Slides in PowerPoint
(1) On the PowerPoint presentation, locate and navigate to the slide you want to delete.
(2) Right-click the slide and select the option Delete Slide on the menu.
Quick Tip: Instead of doing a right-click, press the Delete Key on the keyboard to delete the slides.
(3) That’s it. The selected slide will be deleted.
(4) To delete multiple slides at once, press the Ctrl key and tap the slides you intend to delete.
(5) After selecting the slides, right-click the slide and hit the option Delete Slide to remove the slides from the presentation.
(6) If you wish to delete a sequence of slides in the PPT, hold the Shift key and click a slide to select the upcoming sequence. Then, right-click the slides and tap Delete Slide.
- For example, If you have selected the 3rd slide by pressing the shit key, the 3rd slide and the slides after that will be automatically selected. Then, right-click any slide and select Delete Slide to remove the slides from the PPT.
How to Hide the Slides on PowerPoint
You can also hide a slide from the PPT instead of deleting it.
(1) Right-click the slide you wish to hide.
(4) Click on the option Hide Slide from the popup to hide the slide from your presentation.
Other Microsoft Services Guides:
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Microsoft Office.
- How to Delete Comments on Microsoft Word.
- How to Chromecast Microsoft Teams.
- How to Insert Emojis in Microsoft Word.
Frequently Asked Questions
Press the Ctrl+M keys to add a new slide to your PowerPoint presentation.
Select the slide you wish to delete and tap the Delete key on your keyboard to delete the slide.
* Long-press the slide you want to delete.
* Select the option Delete from the popup menu to delete the slide on your mobile.