Are you worried about the battery life of your Fossil Smartwatch? There are plenty of ways to save battery on Fossil Smartwatch. Fossil Smartwatch runs on WearOS and it has plenty of features inbuilt in it. Fossil smartwatches have an option “Smart Battery Modes” to increase the battery life. Under the Smart battery Modes, you have four different modes available and you can choose the one that suits you. Follow the steps below to save the battery on the Fossil smartwatch.
How to Save Battery on Fossil Smartwatch using Smart Battery Modes?
There are four different modes to save battery on the Fossil smartwatch.
- Time Only
- Extended and
1.1 Daily Mode
It is the default mode on Fossil Gen 5 watches. While using this mode, only the important features like Always-On Screen, Speaker, Bluetooth, and a few more will be active. The features like WiFi and location will change into the on-demand mode.
1.2 Time Only
This mode will turn your smartwatch into a normal watch. It will be enabled automatically when the battery level of your Watch goes down from a certain level. It will turn off the Wear OS. Still, you can get the benefit of a normal watch.
1.3 Extended Mode
It is the perfect mode to extend battery life for a few more days. It will turn off all the features, including the speaker, WiFi, notifications, vibration, and more. Location and NFC will be set to on-demand and can be used when required. Moreover, the Bluetooth feature is also accessible only at a certain time limit.
If you are not comfortable with the past three modes, you can make use of the Custom mode to customize the settings according to your need. You can choose what features are needed to be active or inactive. Depending on the settings, your battery life will be increased.
Related Guide: How to Listen to Music on Fossil Smartwatch
2. Other Ways to Save Battery Life on Fossil Smartwatch
- Change Watch face – attractive and graphic-rich faces will drain your battery so easily. Hence, it is advisable not to use the ones with interactive and brighter colors.
- Screen Brightness – Excessive screen brightness may drain the battery level. Moreover, it is also not good for human eyes. So, use the device with the required brightness level.
- Turn off Notifications – Turn off those notifications you don’t want to see or use.
- Turn on Theater Mode – It will turn off the display and notifications by default.
- Uninstall Apps – Find and uninstall the unwanted apps that drain the battery.
- Limited WiFi – Turn off the WiFi when you don’t want to use it. It will prevent other apps from accessing WiFi in the background.
- Turn Off Always on Features – Swipe up on your screen, scroll right to find Settings >> tap Always on, and turn it off.
- Turn Off unnecessary features – Plenty of background tasks might reduce battery life. Turn off unnecessary features to save battery.
- Limit the use of apps – Running apps for more hours might cause battery draining. You can close unwanted apps on the Fossil smartwatch to limit usage.
- Turn on Airplane mode when not in use – By turning on Airplane mode, you can save battery as your watch is disconnected from WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Turn Off when not in use – You can also turn off your Fossil smartwatch when not in use. This will increase the battery life and also increases the performance of your watch as well.
If your watch is still draining the battery faster, then you can try resetting the Fossil watch to solve any minor bugs in it.
Did the information provided in this guide is very helpful? Or do you know other strategies to save battery life on Fossil Watch? Use the below comments section.