Among a number of Streaming services, Sling has secured a decent amount of subscription. It is yet another subscription-based service that streams your favorite content and live TV shows. Though it is been operated by Dish, you don’t need a Dish subscription. If you are in any US region then you can easily subscribe and use Sling TV. Sling TV is compatible with most of the streaming devices including Apple TV. If you are an Apple TV user, you can easily stream Sling TV contents.
About Sling TV
As said earlier, Sling TV is a subscription-based streaming service. There are three types of Packages:
- Blue – $30/month
- Orange – $30/month and
- Combined Pack – $45/month.
To know more about the package and channels included click here.
- Sports channels: ESPN, NBA TV, NHL Network, NFL, and more.
- Comedy channels: MTV, Logo, TV land, CMT, and more.
- Kids channels: Cartoon Network, Disney Junior and XD, Teen Nick, Nick Toons, and more.
- NEWS channels: BBC World News, HLN, Blaze, CNBC, CNN, and more.
There are plenty of other devices as well.
TV support: Sling TV provides native support to all Android Smart TVs; It is also available on streaming devices like Firestick, Roku, Apple TV (Later 2015 versions), and Chromecast even on Xbox One.
Mobile: Android phones and tablets; iOS devices include the iPhone or iPad.
Computer: Windows and Mac OS.
How to Watch Sling TV on Apple TV?
You can install Sling TV from the app store on Apple TV launched after 2015. For previous versions, the only option is to Airplay. We will discuss both the methods here:
- Install Sling TV on Apple TV
- Stream Sling TV on Apple TV using Airplay.
How to install Sling TV on Apple TV?
Step 1: Subscribe to Sling TV
Before proceeding any further, the first and foremost thing is to subscribe to the Sling TV. This is because tvOS doesn’t support app subscription. So either you have to use your phone or PC to subscribe to Sling TV.
Step 2: Install Sling TV
With the help of your Apple TV remote, by using the touchpad or Siri voice command open the App Store on your TV. Then, search for Sling TV and click on the Sling TV app from the suggestions. Click on the Install button and wait until the app gets installed on your Apple TV.
Step 3: Login and Stream
Open the app from your home screen and log in with the credentials with a subscription. Now start streaming the video which you want to stream on Apple TV.
2. Stream Sling TV on Apple TV using Airplay
On the versions of Apple TV before 2015 don’t have native support for Sling TV app. So the only choice left is Airplay. If you have Apple packaged living room this is so simple.
Airplay using iOS device
1. Download and install Sling TV app on your iOS device.
2. Play the content which you want to stream on your TV.
3. Swipe up from the bottom of you iPhone to get various menu options.
4. Choose the Airplay icon by tapping it.
5. Choose your Apple TV. The iOS mobile will scan and find the TV if it is connected to the same WiFi network.
Now the content you streamed on your iPhone will play on your TV.
Airplay using Android Device
- Install the All Cast app on your Android device.
2. Now connect your Android device and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Launch the Sling TV app and play your content.
4. Tap the Cast icon and choose your Apple TV device.
The above are the different ways to stream Sling TV contents on your TV. You can install the app on Apple TV 4th gen and 5th gen. For earlier versions, you have to use the airplay option.