WhatsApp is one of the most-used apps on our smartphone. It is the go-to app for all our communication purposes. The recent trend in smartphone apps is the Dark Mode. But WhatsApp announced the Dark Mode a little late than the other social media apps. The social app launched Dark Mode in January 2020. Now, the Dark Mode in WhatsApp is available on all the platforms like Android, iOS, and PC.
In the Android and PC app, there is an option to turn on and off the Dark mode. But in iOS devices, you need to turn on the device’s dark mode feature to use the app in Dark mode.
How to Turn On Dark Mode on WhatsApp on Android Smartphones?
(1) Open the WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone.
(2) Go to Chats screen and click the three-dotted icon on the top right of the screen.
(3) Tap on the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings screen, click the Chats option.
(5) Now, select the Theme option.
(6) Choose theme pop-up will appear. Choose the Dark option and click the OK button.
(7) Now, the app will be converted into the Dark theme.
(8) To turn off the Dark theme, click the Theme option again and choose Light theme.
How to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp on iOS Devices?
As the Dark mode option is not available on the iOS devices, you need to turn on the Dark Mode option on your iPhone or iPad. There are two ways to turn on the Dark mode on iOS devices.
Using Control Centre
Enabling Dark mode using Control Centre is the easiest way. Go to the Control Centre and tap on the Dark Mode icon. Your device will be switched to Dark mode. Now, open the WhatsApp app on your iOS device. The app will appear in the Dark Mode.
(1) Go to Settings on your iOS device.
(2) Tap the Display & Brightness option.
(3) Choose the Dark option on the top of the screen.
(4) Now, your device will switch to Dark mode.
(5) Open the WhatsApp app on your iOS device, it will appear on a dark theme.
(6) To turn off the Dark mode, choose the Light option in the Display & Brightness screen.
Related: How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook?
How to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp on PC?
(1) Make sure that your PC and smartphone are having constant internet connection.
(2) Click the three-dotted icon on the screen.
(3) Choose the Settings option.
(4) Now, click on the Theme option.
(5) On the pop-up, choose the Dark mode and click the OK button.
(6) The app will be converted to dark mode. To turn off the dark mode, click the Theme option again and choose the Light theme.
Use the WhatsApp application on dark mode in different devices. Turn on the Dark mode only when it is necessary like situations like open environment and over-light situations. If you use the Dark mode at night, you won’t get the clear view of your chats.