Amazon Prime is the most popular streaming service next to Netflix across the globe. It has millions of user base and is available to stream on a wide range of platforms. Apple TV isn’t excluded from the list, and thus users get the chance to watch its contents on higher resolution. Prime Video even supports streaming 4K movies and shows. To watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV to the fullest extent, you need to have Amazon Prime subscription. However, those without a subscription can stream those contents that are free.
While Prime Video has a dedicated app for tvOS, there are two other ways in which you can stream it on your tvOS. The same is discussed in brief here in this section.
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV?
There are three different ways in which you can watch Amazon Prime on your tvOS. It includes,
- Amazon Prime App
- Using iOS via AirPlay
- With Mac via AirPlay
Related: Spotify Music on Apple TV
Steps to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV – Direct Way
With Apple TV third generation or later, you shall use the Amazon Prime App’s built-in version to watch its contents on the go.
1. Power on your Apple TV and connect it to your home WiFi at first.
2. You have to press the Menu button on your Apple TV remote.
3. Navigate on its home screen to choose App Store icon.
4. Select the Search option on the menu bar to use screen keys to type as Amazon Prime.
- Otherwise, use your Siri remote to voice search for Amazon Prime app.
Note: Sometimes, Amazon Prime will appear as suggestions. Just click on it and you need not search for it.
5. Choose Amazon Prime Video icon from the list of search result.
6. On its information screen, select the Install button to start downloading it on tvOS.
7. When it completes the download and installation, choose Open button.
8. Upon its launch, you will be prompted to log in or sign in to your Amazon account.
9. Choose a title you wish to watch and click on it to start playing on your Apple TV screen.
Using iOS via AirPlay
If you have the Amazon Prime Video app installed on your iPhone or iPad, you can screen mirror it to tvOS.
1. Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi as that of your tvOS.
2. Go to the Apps section on your handheld to launch the Amazon Prime Video app.
3. Select a content you want to watch on tvOS on the Prime Video app and click on Play.
4. Just tap on the video to select the AirPlay icon available at the top-right portion of the screen.
- Otherwise, open Control Center either by swiping from bottom to top or scrolling down from top to select the AirPlay icon.
5. When a dialog box appears, select the Apple TV name to which you want to screen mirror the Prime Video contents.
6. With this, you will be able to watch Amazon Prime Video on your tvOS.
From Mac via AirPlay
In addition to iOS, you watch Prime Video contents on tvOS using macOS 10.11 or later.
1. Connect Mac PC and tvOS to the same WiFi.
2. Open a web browser on your Mac PC and visit amazon.com.
3. Enter your login credentials of Amazon Prime account.
4. Choose a movie or show that you want to watch on tvOS on your Mac.
5. Hover to select AirPlay button from the top-right corner.
6. Select your Apple TV name on the AirPlay to tab.
7. If macOS asks you for the AirPlay code, look at your Apple TV to type it over there.
8. With this, your Mac PC screen with Prime Video will appear on your Apple TV.
These are the possible ways in which you can watch Prime Video on tvOS. Hope this is a useful session. For any related queries, you shall drop a comment below.