One of the trendsetters in the digital platform is Netflix. It offers tons of movies and TV series. Netflix releases Originals and documentaries more frequently. To watch all these contents, it offers a streaming app to all smart devices like smartphones, PCs, streaming devices, and smart TVs. If you have Vizio Smart TV in your home, you can install and use the Netflix app with ease. Vizio, being one of the most popular smart TV brands, has some pre-installed apps. Popular apps like Netflix and YouTube are pre-installed on Vizio Smart TV.
Netflix app was removed from the Vizio TV that was manufactured in 2013 and earlier models. You can check the full list of discontinued models on the Vizio Support Page. If your model is on the list, you need to use any external streaming devices like Amazon Firestick or Roku. Before moving further, you need to buy a subscription to Netflix.
Netflix Subscription Plans
Netflix has three types of subscriptions, namely Basic, Standard, and Premium.
|Subscription Plans||Price (Per Month)||No. of Devices|
How to Get Netflix on Vizio Smart TV
Netflix app is pre-installed on 2014 or later models of Vizio Smart TV. So, you don’t need to install the app. You can easily open the Netflix app by pressing the Netflix button on the Vizio TV remote.
How to Install Netflix on Vizio Smart TV
If you have unintentionally deleted the Netflix app on your Vizio TV, you can easily add the app to Vizio Smart TV from the app store.
(1) Turn On your Vizio Smart TV and press the V button on the remote to open the Vizio app store.
(2) Search for the Netflix app on the Vizio app store.
(3) Tap the Install button to download the Netflix app on Vizio TV.
(4) Open the app after installation and follow the on-screen prompts to activate the app.
(5) Once activated, choose your favorite video title and watch it on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Activate the Netflix App on Vizio Smart TV
(1) Open the Netflix app on your Vizio TV.
(2) You will see the Sign In screen. If not, tap the Yes button on the Are you a member of Netflix? page.
(3) Note down the Activation Code displayed on the TV screen.
(5) Go to the Netflix Activation page and log in to your account.
(6) Enter the Activation Code to activate the Netflix app.
(7) Now, open the Netflix app on your Vizio TV and stream your favorite movie on a larger screen.
How to Cast Netflix on Vizio Smart TV
Most of the Vizio Smart TVs have built-in Smartcast technology to cast media contents from supported apps on Android and iPhone.
(2) Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as Vizio smart TV.
(3) Open the Netflix app on your smartphone.
(4) Tap the Cast icon on the top right corner of the screen.
(5) Select your Vizio Smart TV from the list of devices available.
(6) Now, the Netflix app screen will appear on the Vizio TV.
(7) Play any content on the Netflix app and watch it on your smartphone as well as Vizio TV.
Yes. The Netflix app is free to download on Vizio TV. To stream content on the Netflix app, you need to get a subscription.
Whenever the Netflix app won’t open or is stuck with a black screen, you can perform the basic fixes given below.
1. Update the Netflix app.
2. Close and open the app on Vizio TV.
3. Update Vizio TV firmware to the latest version.
4. Restart Vizio Smart TV.
5. Finally, if the problem continues, reset the Vizio Smart TV.
* You can go to the Vizio App Store and search for the Netflix app.
* Select the Netflix app and click the More option. Then, choose Uninstall or Delete to uninstall the app.