Samsung smart TVs are one of the fewest smart TV that has an OS of its own. All the Samsung smart TVs run on the Tizen OS, which is built by Samsung. As the OS is only available for Samsung smart TVs, a lot of common apps are not available for the Tizen OS. But, HBO GO is an exception. You can install the HBO GO app on your Samsung smart TV from the Smart Hub.
Smart Hub is the app store for Samsung smart TVs, similar to the Play Store for Android devices. With the help of the Smart Hub store, one can download apps on Samsung TV. Though, there is one restriction for the HBO GO app. You can install the app only on the Samsung smart TV that has Tizen OS 2.4 and above or 2016 and above models.
HBO GO on Samsung Smart TV
Make sure that your Samsung Smart TV operates in Tizen OS 2.4 and above OS. You can find the full list of supported Samsung smart TV models on the HBO GO Support Page.
(1) Turn on your Samsung smart TV and take the remote.
(2) Locate the Smart Hub button on the remote. Tap the button.
(3) The Smart Hub Store will open. Go to the Search icon on the top of the screen.
(4) Now, the on-screen keyboard will appear. Type HBO GO and click the Done button.
(5) On the next screen, tap the Download button.
(6) After the download is completed, tap the Open button to run the HBO GO app on your Samsung Smart TV.
(7) Sign in with your cable TV provider and watch all the HBO video titles.
Most of the Samsung smart TVs are equipped with the built-in Live Cast feature to cast media files from your smartphone. As the HBO GO app has the built-in Cast icon, you can cast the app from your smartphone to Samsung Smart TV easily.
(1) Install the HBO GO app on your smartphone and connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Samsung smart TV.
(2) Open the HBO GO app and tap the Cast icon.
(3) Choose your Samsung Smart TV on the list of devices detected.
(4) Play any video title, it will appear on your Samsung TV.
Other than casting, you can also use external streaming devices like Amazon Firestick or Roku to install and watch HBO GO content.
HBO GO Not Working on Samsung TV
If you have any issues or the HBO GO app is not working on your Samsung smart TV, try the following remedies.
- Update the HBO GO app on your Samsung TV.
- Make sure that your smart TV is operating on Tizen 2.4 and above OS. If you are using the lower version, update Samsung smart TV to the latest version of Tizen OS.
- Restart your Samsung smart TV and try again.
- Check the WiFi router for the proper internet connection.
- Uninstall the app and install the app again.
- Check the HBO GO Support Page to verify that your Samsung Smart TV is listed.
- Still having issues, reset Samsung smart TV to factory default settings.
These are the possible ways that you can use to access the HBO GO videos on your Samsung Smart TV. Try the solutions if the app is not responding. Install the HBO GO app or use the Live Cast feature to cast the HBO GO app to the Samsung Smart TV. If you have any doubts about this write-up, tell us in the comments below.