Samsung TVs is one of the fewest smart TV that has an OS of its own. HBO GO is a streaming platform for watching HBO content. It also provides live TV channels for streaming along with a TV schedule. The app provides the HBO Original and on-demand TV shows. You can install the HBO GO app on your Samsung smart TV from the Smart Hub and watch the HBO content.
Smart Hub is the app store for Samsung smart TVs, similar to the Play Store for Android devices. With the help of the Smart Hub store, one can download apps on Samsung TV. Though, there is one restriction for the HBO GO app. You can install the app only on the Samsung smart TV that has Tizen OS 2.4 and above or 2016 and above models. HBO GO app permits the user to stream on 3 devices simultaneously and it also has the offline streaming option.
How to Install HBO GO on Samsung Smart TV
Make sure that your Samsung Smart TV operates in Tizen OS 2.4 and above OS. You can find the full list of supported Samsung smart TV models on the HBO GO Support Page.
(1) Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and take the remote.
(2) Locate the Smart Hub button on the remote and press the button.
(3) The Smart Hub Store will open. Go to the Search icon on the top of the screen.
(4) Now, the on-screen keyboard will appear. Type HBO GO and click the Done button.
(5) On the next screen, tap the Download button to get the HBO GO app.
(6) After the download is completed, tap the Open button to run the HBO GO app on your Samsung Smart TV.
(7) Sign in with your TV Provider Credentials and watch all the HBO video titles.
Related: How to HBO GO on Vizio Smart TV
Alternate Way to Stream HBO GO on Samsung Smart TV
You can use the SmartThings app to screen mirror the Smartphone. The HBO GO app is available on the Google Play Store and you can stream the app on Smart TV from your smartphone.
(1) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Samsung smart TV.
(3) Launch the SmartThings app and select Add Device.
(4) Choose the Samsung Smart TV and connect it with a PIN.
(5) Open the HBO GO app and log in to your TV Provider account.
(6) Play any video title, and it will appear on your Samsung TV.
Other than screen mirroring, you can also use external streaming devices like Amazon Firestick or Roku to install and watch HBO GO content.
HBO GO Not Working on Samsung TV
If you have any issues or the HBO GO app is not working or not loading on your Samsung smart TV, try the following remedies.
- Update the HBO GO app on your Samsung TV.
- Make sure that your smart TV is operating on Tizen 2.4 and above OS. If you are using the lower version, update Samsung smart TV to the latest version of Tizen OS.
- Restart your Samsung smart TV and try again.
- Check the WiFi router for the proper internet connection.
- Uninstall the app and install the app again.
- Check the HBO GO Support Page to verify that your Smart TV is listed.
- Still having issues, reset Samsung smart TV to factory default settings.
These are the possible ways that you can use to access the HBO GO videos on your Samsung Smart TV. Try the solutions if the app is not responding. Install the HBO GO app or use the Live Cast feature to cast the HBO GO app to the Smart TV. If you have any doubts about this write-up, tell us in the comments below.
The HBO GO app is available for free download in the Samsung Smart Hub. You must have a TV Provider to stream the content in the app.
You can go to the Smart Hub on the Samsung TV and search for the HBO GO app. Select Update to update the app only if there is any update available.