MX Player is a media player for smartphones and streaming devices. It offers more than 20 original shows and around 50,000 hours of premium content across many languages. Unlike other media players, MX Player also comes with a huge collection of movies, TV shows, web series, music videos, and short videos. Just like VLC, it supports all kinds of video and audio file formats. MX Player app is used in the background as a supporting player for many third-party streaming apps like Cyberflix and Terrarium TV. Coming to Firestick, MX Player is available on the Amazon App Store.
Remember, MX Player for Fire Stick is different from MX Player for smartphones. Though the developer is the same, the placements of icons and the UI are fine-tuned for the big screen. As Firestick is Android-based, you can install both the dedicated app and Android version of MX Player in Fire Stick easily.
Steps to Install MX Player on Firestick
1) Go to the Firestick home screen and click on Magnifying glass icon.
2) In that, type and search for the MX Player app.
3) Now, from the search results, select the MX Player app.
4) Then, click on Get or Download to download the video player on Firestick.
5) Once installed, click on Open to launch the app.
6) Then start watching MX Player contents on your Fire TV.
If you want, you can also install MX Player TV on Firestick, using the same guide. MX Player TV is more suited for Android smart TVs.
Alternative Way to Install MX Player on Firestick
If you want to install the smartphone’s version of MX Player on Firestick, then you can sideload it using Downloader.
1. Go to the Firestick Home screen and click on Settings.
2. Under that, select the My Fire TV or Devices option.
3. In that, click Developer options.
4. Under that, turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Next, select Turn On for the confirmation.
6. Now, go back to your Firestick home screen and search for the Downloader app.
7. If you have the app already, click on it. Otherwise, use our guide to download the Downloader on Firestick.
8. Next, open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
9. In the URL field, type the MX Player apk’s download link (https://bit.ly/3i6bKkq).
10. Once finished typing, click on Go.
11. Now, the MX Player apk will begin to download.
12. Once the apk file is downloaded, click on Next and click on the Install button.
13. When the installation is over, click on Done.
14. Then, you will be back on the Downloader window. It is good to delete the apk file once the app is installed. So, click on Delete twice to delete the MX Player apk file.
MX Player is the best alternative for VLC Media Player. Hope this article provides complete information to watch MX Player on Firestick. So with this article, start watching MX Player content on Fire Stick. If you have any queries, comment below.